X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing gear problems

I recently built my P-51D red tail mustang v8. Every thing is working accept the landing gear. Checked all wiring, everything is correct. Flaps, elev, ail and rud all working corectly. However no power to the landing gear. I tested landing gear servos individually and they all work, just no power from mother board to servos. Anyone have any idea what I might be missing?

How do you know that there's no power to the servo? Are you sure that Signal-PWR-GND polarity is correct on your connector? Have you tried to run your gear with a servo tester at the RX? Do you have the correct switch programmed into your TX? Just some things to check. Don't know your experience level with RC, but I'd assume that it should be pretty high, if you're messing with a 1.7m Mustang.
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

Polarity is correct, I tested servos with servo tester directly and tested them through the Rx through the receiver on gear switch and it works correctly. however the landing gear runs through the mother board on ch5 and Thats where the problem occurs. I'm thinking its a board problem because Itis not run to the receiver directly. I Have been a heli pilot for years and build and program all My kits. However I have been flying planes for only a year or so. Up until now I haven't had a problem programming, however this is my first 9 servo aircraft.

Comment

the test to see if its the board is to bypass it with Y harnesses to operate the gear. You lose the sequencing so be sure that any servo operated gear doors are open (if it has the little doors covering the bottoms of the wheels) and disconnect those servos.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hello AR7 and welcome to the Squawk,
          You made no mention about the 6 second door sequencer that is supposed to be connected in between the Multi Port Connector(what you called motherboard incorrectly) and the "servoless" e-tracts.
          That is the weak link of the gear electrical circuit if the actual e-tract internal circuit card hasn't taken a dump which you have confirmed didn't via a servo tester. The Multi Port Connector has no active circuitry.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thank for the help fhhuber I will try that.

Comment

Hello OV10. I checked the sequencer. Since it had been pre installed, I didn't think to check it, shame on me for assuming it was correctly installed. Thanks for your input, it was much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Ryder 7 View Post
                Hello OV10. I checked the sequencer. Since it had been pre installed, I didn't think to check it, shame on me for assuming it was correctly installed. Thanks for your input, it was much appreciated.
                The model was assembled by someone trying to beat the clock, so you should check everything - even the tightness of screws and glue joints. :You may be surprised how many arrive with barely a drop of glue in some joints; a friend had the firewall pull right out when throttle was applied!

Comment

True, Thanks for the wisdom

Comment

Working...
                  X