X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grantham Kid View Post

So how is that IX12 going TI? Looking to the future here. :)
    Keep up with the firmware updates that seems to help with some of the issues.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post
      I have used, in chronological order.
      Cox/Sanwa 72mHz My first radios, 2,3, and 4 channel transmitters, no rates or reversing
      My first radio was a 2 channel Cox as well, way back around 1978. I used it in a couple of R/C model warships, and then an R/C car, before the car was stolen while we were moving to Arizona. They took the car with the receiver and servos, but didn't take the transmitter that went with it.

Comment

Airtronics 72mhz is still my most reliable radios. My first 2.4 rig was a Tactic 850, seemed to work OK, but I almost lost a hand by accidentally turning off the transmitter before turning off the receiver power (like if your transmitter battery died), of course the engine went to full power on the bench and in my haste to prevent the model from flying across the room as I grabbed for the model the razor sharp prop grazed the back on my left hand and sent me to the emergency room with a 3" x 3/8" open wound bleeding badly. 13 stitches later and a couple weeks healing and I was good to go again. I've been modeling since I was 7 years old, am 80 now. Later found out that Tactic discontinued the 850 because of problems with the fail safe circuits.
        I'm trying my second 2.4 system now, the Gavin, found it easier to program than the Tactic, but not as easy as the old Airtronics. I'll probably stick with the Airtronics until they no longer have any available, not likely to happen. I Like the Gavin, especially the small receivers. Haven't flown in yet, will let you know.

Comment

Working...
        X