X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

Spektrum DXe transmitter has a button assignment issue it seems. There is a flaps 0, 1, and 2 on the controller but it is not linked up to the flaps on my cirrus sr22t. However, the bind/panic button is somehow linked to the flaps. The flaps are stowed when the plane is on and controller off, but as soon as I turn the controller on and it pairs, the flaps immeadiately deploy 100%. Weirdly enough, pressing the bind/panic button on the controller will stow the flaps and letting go will deploy the flaps 100% again. The flap button on the controller doesn't do anything.

ive tried using the mobile connecting cable and app to play with settings but can't figure out how to change the channels.

please help

It is kind of a pain, and I had my share of frustrations with the app. Some good videos available on U toob, but I'll try to help.

Bind the aircraft with the Transmitter, open the app, select the model, and go from there, you may need to set up the model as 9 channel.
    when you get it right when you change the right switch for that channel, you will see it work. You will need to be in the channel set up for the model.
    keep working - you'll figure it out. In short, you just have to change what the Bind switch does and get Aux 1 to be the Flap switch.

i wound up simply getting another Spektrum_Transmitter DX6 because I had too many different models and the app was just too clunky and in some case would lose the Bind and then none of my airplanes would work with the TX.
    BTW,
    plug in the programming cord after you launch the app!

Comment

The DXe uses that channel for the AS3X stuff will not operate the flaps. Call Horizon support and they will explain it. I had a friend with the same issue while they claim it's 6 channel it's really only 5 which I have a hard time understanding. Great beginners radio but that's about it.
      Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
        The DXe uses that channel for the AS3X stuff will not operate the flaps. Call Horizon support and they will explain it. I had a friend with the same issue while they claim it's 6 channel it's really only 5 which I have a hard time understanding. Great beginners radio but that's about it.
        Mike
        It is actually a 7 channel if you get an off the shelf version, instead of the RTF enclosed with some aircraft

Comment

Okay, I'm officially done with this controller. Can you guys recommend a controller that will actually "bind and fly"? I am a handyman but I'm already involved in too many projects, I'm done screwing around with this crap. I'm doing rc planes to get away from stress not add to it. Thanks for the helpful replies so far.

Comment

DX6 or DX8, but I used my DXe with the HZ Carbon Cub BNF - WITH FLAPS so you should have be able to configure it to work with the Cirrus.
            Now, if you're new to this that Cirrus is not a beginner airframe - be advised. If you want more than one brief flight, get some help and start with a trainer.

Comment

+1 on the DX6. :Cool:
              It's my first fully function-able radio and I'm loving it. Granted, I've yet to need the flaps option with the birds I have now, but it is great for BNF and PNP. I mainly got it to be able to learn how to set and use duel rates, expo, as well as having the one radio for all my birds. Along the way I've also learned to dial in my throws and set mixes. Still in school with the throttle curve thing, but I'm getting there. Learning more and more every day. Yeah... I'm loving the DX6 .... hasn't let me down yet...
              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it - might need a DX8. I can't use flaps on my Cub, with the DX6, unless I disconnect the GPS and / or SAFE. I'm just keeping it on the DXe alone

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

It is actually a 7 channel if you get an off the shelf version, instead of the RTF enclosed with some aircraft
                  Really? It was the "off the self " that my customer was having the issues with and how I got involved.. Using dealer support thru Horizon is how I got my info on this radio.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by timwilson2121 View Post
                    Okay, I'm officially done with this controller. Can you guys recommend a controller that will actually "bind and fly"? I am a handyman but I'm already involved in too many projects, I'm done screwing around with this crap. I'm doing rc planes to get away from stress not add to it. Thanks for the helpful replies so far.
                    I use the 9 and really like it. If you just looking for 6 channels get the 6 not the 6e the 6 feels better and has a few more features.I always advise people to buy more than they think they need.
                    Mike

Comment

The trick is once you have it configured in the Transmitter you have to download it to the reciever, and that reciever may not allow changes.
                      you can also do it while you are bound to the reciever. And, you may need to set the model up in the app as a 9 channel in order to reassign functions.
                      ...yes, it is confusing.
                      Try it with an Admiral reciever - no, don't...

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                        The trick is once you have it configured in the Transmitter you have to download it to the reciever, and that reciever may not allow changes.
                        you can also do it while you are bound to the reciever. And, you may need to set the model up in the app as a 9 channel in order to reassign functions.
                        ...yes, it is confusing.
                        Try it with an Admiral reciever - no, don't...
                        Funny I was talking to my rep at Horizon today and we were discussing the problems with the DXe he mentioned that why they came out with the new DX8e. Apparently there's a a bunch of unhappy DXe customers out there. My hats off to you for having figured it out but it seems like it's just not worth the trouble.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Funny I was talking to my rep at Horizon today and we were discussing the problems with the DXe he mentioned that why they came out with the new DX8e. Apparently there's a a bunch of unhappy DXe customers out there. My hats off to you for having figured it out but it seems like it's just not worth the trouble.

Mike
                          You're right Mike, it is difficult and not user friendly as I'm sure was intended. I would not have released a product with such bugs, but not my circus. And while I have figured out how to do some things, it is not always predictable and sometimes it scrambles up your other model binds, which is why I upgraded. That said, it has become the dedicated radio for my HZ Carbon Cub since everything works as it should and the Cub is not compatible with the DX6, for the same flap problem TimWilson above had.
                          wierd...
                          I also had good success binding it with my PT-17 and SAFE/AS3X, but the DX6 does feel better and seems more precise.

Comment

"but not my circus"

and there not my monkeys.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X