Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM1000 Telemetry with AS3X 636A receiver not binding with DX8 Gen 2

Hello,
    My first plane is a Timber 1.5 BNF and I'm getting pretty good at flying it, and wanted to know how high I was flying etc.
    So went on Horizon Hobby website and asked the question via chat and sales guy said that the TM1000 along with the SPMA9589 Telemetry Variometer would do the trick and that it would work with my 636A receiver.
    Parts arrived and I plugged TM1000 data cord into the Bind port of the 636A and then Variometer into Data port of the TM1000.
    Went thru Bind process and it says it is binding,but I get no telemetry data from the receiver to the Transmitter.
    I saw a video where a guy used a splitter (Y cord) from Bind port and ran 1 leg to the TM1000 and the other leg had the bind plug in it, and it had same results.
    I dont have a volt / RPM utility in the TM1000, so wondering if that could be the case?
    I dont want to have to buy a temp / RMP / volt attachment if it is not needed, I was only looking for the altitude.
    To bind, it is just hold down the bind button on the TM1000 while powering up the receiver, and then when TM1000 is blinking, power up transmitter holding down bind button.
    Any insights?

Did you activate the telemetry pages on the primary menu in the TX? You have to tell it what it is you want to see when you scroll the wheel to the different pages.
    As an aside, I find the Spektrum data module and all the optional plug ins are horribly expensive. For about 40 bucks, you could have gotten the Lemon telemetry unit that will give you altitude, temp, volts, etc. But you still have to activate the telemetry pages.

Comment

I believe I had it set up, because when I scrolled it displayed voltage 0, RPM and Altitude on different screens. Then I went to the telemetry page, and tried to the the auto config, and it says it cant due to no telemetry data being sent.

Comment

I also had the voice set up relaying altitude every 10 seconds, so she kept saying no Data...

Comment

Interesting. I'm wondering if it's the same situation as me. Have you actually flown the plane with the telemetry module in place? I have a Radian XL with the 636A Rx in it and that Rx has it's own limited telemetry feature. I think it tells RX voltage and something else. I use the Lemon and I have found that the 636A telemetry data works up close and over-rides the data from the Lemon until the plane is about 150 feet away, then the other telemetry takes over and I can see altitude and the other things the Lemon is supposed to show. Maybe it's the same for the TM1000. The TM1000 came out before the 636A came into existence. It's just a guess.

Comment

No, haven't flown it with the TM1000, Wanted to get it all wired in before getting it in the air. all the controls operate normally after the bind, just says the ubit is not transmitting trlemetry. The only thing I haven't tried is moving the transmitter farther away when binding. it is sitting next to plane...not sure if that matters or not.

Comment

It's likely already bound. The controls have nothing to do with the telemetry data. You need to get it farther away so the TM1000 unit's data can get past the 636A's data. Either fly it beyond 150 feet or walk beyond that distance and see if you get altitude information.

Comment

Thank for the help. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. is suppose to actually be in the upper 40's in MN

Comment

Working...
                X