X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum?

Hello Motion RC! Thank you for the awesome customer service, speedy order processing, and great products so far. The only thing I can think of it would like to see here is Spektrum radio systems. I just don't trust any of the other radio systems. I firmly believe a good radio is about the best investment in RC flight. I would be buying up alot of Spektrum receivers from you because of the speed of your processing and exceptional customer service. I have a couple PNP planes right now and have to switch the only receiver I have between planes. It's not that difficult because I just have it velco'd in place, but I would like to purchase a few Spektrum receivers from you so I don't have to keep switching my receiver around so much. It's just a suggestion, but I would love to see it. Thank you for taking time to read this. You have me as a customer for many years.

-Eric Miller

Re: Spektrum?

Hi Eric,
    Thanks for the note. We do not currently sell Horizon Hobby products (which includes Spektrum), however, we have had several discussions with them regarding their products. Although we prefer Hitec and Futaba, we know that many people use and have good experience with Spektrum gear. If we do end up stocking Spektrum it will be well communicated via our site and our mailing list. Thanks for the feedback.

Mark

Comment

I agree with eric, I purchase many different types of planes, but tx & rx is spectrum only, I have a dx6, dx7, and dx18 and I don't buy knock of rx's either. I just purchased a 1700 mm fms p51 red tail from motion. I got a spectrum 6ch rx with 3 axis gyro built in to go in the p51. I would have loved to have purchased it from you guys. please consider stocking spectrum tx & rx.

Comment

+1

I too have many planes from all the manufacturers you sell but I always stick with spektrum. This is probably also a big reason why many are buying PNP only as a good majority of them would probably put a spektrum receiver in their planes like I do. This is probably wishful thinking, but if you guys could find a way to make a spektrum BNF upgrade deal to your planes I bet that would work out pretty well too.

Coot

Comment

I too like Spektrum radios and receivers. Sure would like to see you stock them.

Comment

I use to buy only Spektrum Tx and Rx but I have since dropped Spektrum because I have had too rebind my radio too many times and have had some glitches. Now I only use Tactic radios and recievers. They work really well and are inexpensive. I have never had a problem with them. I don't need all those whistle and bells on transmitters. The Tactic 650 is cheaper than a Spektrum 6 and is more than I need plus it has more options and model memory then the Spektrum 6.

Comment

Well,since I posted initially, I had been using a DX5e. Now I have the Tactic TTX650 system with TR624's. They work well. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing an issue with one of the RX's. It sometimes takes quite a while to connect. It takes 15-30mins usually. There aren't anyone in the area with a radio on, and none of the guys use Tactic at my field anyway. But, when it does finally connect, it works fine. No range issues or brownouts or anything. It's only the one rx that is doing it. I have tried using it in another plane just in case it's the plane giving it the problem, but it's always the same issue...

Comment

Sounds like you just got hold of a bad reciever from their factory but they are inexpensive to buy another one. I try to have a few more recievers than planes at any given time.

Comment

15-30 mins is not good. Sounds like it's on it's way out. I'd replace asap if it was me.
                  Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

Eric, I think you have a bad RX. This is the first I've heard of this but I think you need a replacement. send us an email or give us a call.

Comment

Well, Tom, I had already spoken with Mark about a replacement a while back. He has already given me a RMA number. I will he sending it back on the 1st of October, since I only have money in the first week of the month. Thank you for your info.

Comment

I have used spektrum radios for many years without one single problem, binding or otherwise. They have out of sight (literally) range.

Comment

Working...
                        X