X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Transmitter Switch

I ended up with a broken “D” lever on my DX6 today. I was traveling with it in my suitcase and it somehow broke in transit. I was curious to see if I could make the repair on my own or would I have to send it in? I had a hard time finding any parts online—anybody know a good site to find spare parts? I also have a spare DXe. Can I use one of the switches on that transmitter to replace with the broken one? Thanks for any advice!

You can find the switches on eBay, they're easy to replace if you can solder.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I purchased one at Radio shack...
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

"D" is your flap switch (3-position), right? Does your DXe have a 3-position switch? If it does and you don't want your DXe anymore, take it apart and remove the switch. Keep the rest of the TX for parts for later. Getting the old switch out of the DXe will give you some idea of what to expect when you take the DX6 apart. You may find the task too daunting. If it involves removing too much stuff to get at the switch, all kinds of things can fall out and getting back in and held in place while you put it back together might be challenging.

Comment

Yes it is my 3 position switch. I was kind of afraid it may be a bit of a hassle to get to it. I don’t want to ruin my DXe either, so I may just resort to sending it in as soon as find a time where I’m not flying, which may be never!:)

Comment

Or, as Lon said, get one at Radio Shack. I haven't taken apart a DX6 but I have taken apart my old DX8 and DX6i. On one, the switch was easy to swap as it didn't require dismantling too much else inside. The other was a complete nightmare. It required a couple of the main circuit boards be unscrewed and that made a few of the trim tabs fall out. It was a pain to get them all the sit back in while the boards were re-installed. I ended up giving up and I gave the thing away to someone who repaired it for later use. I fear that the flaps switch is in a very bad place.
            Do you have the newer DX6-G2? If it's an older one, you might just consider upgrading to the new DX8-G2 (or other series). Prices on those have come down a bit since the arrival of the IX12

Comment

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Viper I have a new g3 and I fear just what you stated happened to you on one of yours, and I just bought this thing. I may just take it partially apart to see how difficult it looks and then make a decision then. Thanks a lot for your input Viper!

Awesome site Mike, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_C View Post
                  Viper I have a new g3 and I fear just what you stated happened to you on one of yours, and I just bought this thing. I may just take it partially apart to see how difficult it looks and then make a decision then. Thanks a lot for your input Viper!

Awesome site Mike, Thanks!
                  If it's that new, I would not open it up. Doing so will likely void the warranty.

Comment

Working...
                  X