Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admiral Reciever

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scientific proof will confirm that XV's practice is the best. ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hey Guys,

I am installing the RX600SP into a Freewing 80mm F-86 and am having some issues. My transmitter is a Spektrum iX-12.

I feel like I have performed all the proper steps for setting up the transmitter and receiver properly, but I am not getting the receiver lights changing when I push the momentary "I" button. I have the receiver set in "Stabilization Combo A". I have a solid Green light on the receiver and the ailerons do seem to be correcting (in the proper direction) when I roll the aircraft quickly with my hands. However, when I push the momentary button ("I"), the receiver lighting does not change. I changed the receiver to combination C but, again, no change when the button is pressed.

I'll walk through the entire binding process again and follow every step and see if I might find success, but thinking one of you might have had a similar experience and have some suggestions. Thanks for any advice that you might have.

(P.S. The reason I am wanting to use Combination A is that I sometimes have problems maintaining orientation (especially with silver airplanes like the F-86) in certain lighting and am thinking that the panic button might save a plane for me.)

Comment

I found the solution to my RX600SP issue. "David F." had a review on the MotionRC site and stated the following:

I had a bit of a struggle setting up the Admiral receiver in the F-86...but was ultimately successful. Upon the initial install in the F-86, everything worked except the gyro would not engage. The receiver uses a gear mix to determine if the gyro is active or not; as such it requires that the gear servo not be reversed and that the servo travel is exactly to 100%. With the F-86, the gear servo had been reversed. Once it was unreversed the gyro worked correctly.

I believe he was using a DX-9 transmitter. Same airplane as I am using and, as he mentions, I had reversed my landing gear servo to fit my normal convention. Once I set the servo in the normal (un-reversed) condition, I get a change in the LED lighting on the receiver when I press the "I" button and the control surfaces seem to be responding.

Comment

My son is having a similar issue. 64mm A-10, RX600SP receiver, Gavin 6c transmitter. Receiver lights up when power is supplied, plane just beeps and the transmitter does nothing when toggled to train upon power up. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe C View Post
            My son is having a similar issue. 64mm A-10, RX600SP receiver, Gavin 6c transmitter. Receiver lights up when power is supplied, plane just beeps and the transmitter does nothing when toggled to train upon power up. Any suggestions?
            The RX600SP is not compatible with the Detrum Gavin transmitters. You must have a Detrum receiver.
            To operate with the Admiral RXs, you must have a Spektrum transmitter.

Here is what it says in the Detrum product page: "Detrum Gavin radios are only compatible with Detrum brand receivers."

Comment

Roger that. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
              X