X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo size for .40 nitro Trainer?

I have a .40 size nitro powered trainer now equipped with the old 72MHz frequency radio. To be more specific it is a tower hobbies .40 trainer with an old airtronics radio system. I have been wanting to switch it over to 2.4 GHz and use my new Spektrum DX6 radio with the AR610 receiver, however I am not sure what brand and size servo I can use for this plane. Is there a guide as to what size servo I should go by and will my Spektrum receiver work for different brands of servos? Thanks for any help.

Generic ".40 glow" trainers use "standard" servos. Typical is Futaba 3003 or rough equal in size and torque.

Welcome to ServoCity where you can get the parts you need to bring your ideas to life! From servos to switches, from actuators to Actobotics, we work hard to bring you the best components backed by unparalleled technical support

This site has tables of servos you can use to compare power, speed, size.... everything about the brands of servos they carry. One of the best servo references on the internet.

You can use the same servos that are in it if you want.

For Airtronics, you need to post a pic of the servo plug and wire. There are 3 possibilities and 2 of them will destroy the RX and servo if you try it and get it wrong.
    You can still use the Airtronics servos with Spektrum or others... but the plug modification may involve changing the wire order. (not hard, just be certain to do it EXACTLY right)
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X