X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servos going haywire with DX6

I just built a foamboard SU-57 with a 50A skylord esc with BEC. I have 5 towerpro MG90S servos hooked up to my 6channel Admiral Gyro Receiver and I am using a DX6 transmitter. I have built 4 other planes and never had an issue, but as soon as I bind this receiver to my transmitter, all of the servos start twitching wildly in random directions. I have servo extensions between the receiver and the servos due to the size of the plane, but I have never had issues with that before. I tried rebinding the plane with the same results. There is no twitching until the transmitter is turned on and as soon as I turn off the transmitter, all of the twitching stops. Anyone ideas on this?

What mode are you binding the receiver in? Any chance you have inadvertently maxed out the gain on the channel adjustments?

Comment

The receiver/gyro is in mode A, which is what I use on my other 4 planes. I didn't adjust the gains at all. I just made a new plane profile on the DX6 like normal and then bound the receiver to the transmitter.

Comment

Update: I hooked each of the servos directly to the receiver and there was no issue. I plugged the servos into the necessary y-connectors and they fluttered just slightly. I then attached the extensions to the y-connectors so that I could reach the nose of the plane and that's when everything really goes crazy. I guess it is just too many connections or too much distance (30" from tail to nose)? Is there any way to boost the signal to the servos?

Comment

Originally posted by mtmfyb View Post
          I just built a foamboard SU-57 with a 50A skylord esc with BEC. I have 5 towerpro MG90S servos hooked up to my 6channel Admiral Gyro Receiver and I am using a DX6 transmitter. I have built 4 other planes and never had an issue, but as soon as I bind this receiver to my transmitter, all of the servos start twitching wildly in random directions. I have servo extensions between the receiver and the servos due to the size of the plane, but I have never had issues with that before. I tried rebinding the plane with the same results. There is no twitching until the transmitter is turned on and as soon as I turn off the transmitter, all of the twitching stops. Anyone ideas on this?
          Transmitter should be on before powering the reciever, after binding. Should also be turned off after power is removed from reciever.

Comment

Doing testing near a 2.4 ghz WiFi device? I can't bind or do testing if my WiFi is on at home because the WiFi interferes. (says more about the WiFi than the Spektrum radio)

I have a 2.4 ghz video downlink that worked with 72 mhz, but would crash every 2.4 ghz airplane at the field if I tried to use it now.

What servos are giving issues?

A local club member mixed HV with normal digitals with a couple of low end servos in one airplane and got some major issues. The HV servos don't work right below 6.0v and the low end servos would burn up if supplied with 6.0v or higher. (the standard digitals can't take the voltage needed for the HV servos either) He was using a 5.0V regulator and Futaba radio. I bought the plane from him and had identical issues with the airplane using Spektrum and the regulator, so I started looking and found the bad mix of servos. Feeding 2S LiPo direct for the HV servos they are fine, but on 5.0v regulated they do all sorts of strange stuff.
            The solution here is to replace all the low voltage servos, or the high voltage ones or to split the system by servo voltage and use 2 RXs.

We have a lot of new technology that can cause issues if you aren't careful.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by mtmfyb View Post
              Update: I hooked each of the servos directly to the receiver and there was no issue. I plugged the servos into the necessary y-connectors and they fluttered just slightly. I then attached the extensions to the y-connectors so that I could reach the nose of the plane and that's when everything really goes crazy. I guess it is just too many connections or too much distance (30" from tail to nose)? Is there any way to boost the signal to the servos?
              Y connectors and extensions shouldn't be the problem unless they are faulty. Have you seen the length of servo lead run on a Freewing A-10. That is a very long plane with Y's and very long extensions. Something else is going on.
              Also, unless you are binding, why are you powering up the plane without the TX being ON?

Comment

Working...
              X