X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horus 10x or Qx7

I'm about to buy a radio and Im not sure what to get between Qx7 and Horus 10x is the Horus worth the extra money?
    thanks for your help

also thinking of buying the qx7s any opinions on these systems would be helpful wanting to upgrade to a system with telemetry :Thinking:

Comment

Also heard batt built in and batt consumption greater on horus unit due to larger screen..so if your transmitter batt dies your done flying ttill you recharge your transmiter :Crying: the x7s has battery packs that can be changed this is a big selling point for me

Comment

is anybody out there flying th frsky transmitters:Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinkin g::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinkin g::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking:

Comment

horus is just 4 screws to change the bat if needed, I don fly more than an hour at the time horus give you about 6

Comment

every one says open tx is more complicated than FrOs

Comment

what do you get for the extra 200$ over the qx7s a larger screen i find that looking at my transmitter leads to crashes lolLOLLOL that why i want voice warnings

Comment

now you got me lookin at the x10:Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinki ng:

Comment

like the interface for sure

Comment

haha I now Ive been thinking about the qx7 s as well

Comment

i pulled the trigger got the horus x10 wws

Comment

WELL I HAVE had this Frsky Horus x10 radio for two days the oprating sys is not that difficult... granted there is a learning curve i am moving from devo 10 no more difficult than it was when i first got it..programed in my first plane got it bound up gyro set including the gain adj... and flaps and gear working just need to figure how to mix in some up elevator and im done ...1 down 30 more to go think im going to like it hangs well sticks feel crisp... voice notifacation..AWSOME:Cool:THINK I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE now im waiting on some telemetry sensors wierd motion does not sell them or the reciver program interface cable like to spend my dollars here when possible..

Comment

Figured out elevator to flap mix this is going to be a breeze settings... CMBFLP_>ELEV activate punch in your numbers and wala:Yawn::Cool:

Comment

Never used open tx but i like this FR o operating system on my Horus and you might say this radio SPEAKS TO ME... LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL:Cool:

Comment

I recently returned to the hobby. I went with FrSky after pricing out 12 channel radios and rx/ telemetry for 5 aircraft. I bought 2 X12S's 1 new 1 used. I was an old Futaba guy. For the price of a 14 channel Futaba and 2 airplanes. I bought 2 radios, 2 PC6's, 1 PC21, 1 64MM F8 crusader, 1 64MM F105, 1 80mm A6 INTRUDER AND A V22 OSPREY. I like the fact the buddy system was Bluetooth. I can use the Tx with a flight simulator. With the X8R rx's I have more channels than I could possibly use (32 with 2 X8R'S paired). Yes it is a learning experience using OpenTx. That's all part of the reward. They are getting the tech support figured out. Stay away from info that doesn't apply to the radio you own. Less confusing that way. You do have to have a plan. Set it up the way you want, don't look for manufacturer restrictions for switch assignments. There aren't any, It's Your call.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Horus x 10 will run a multi modual on the FR-O operating system or do you have to have open tx i do not want to change the operating system or can both systems be run togeather :Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking: :Thinking::Thinking::Thinking::Thinking:

Comment

I LOVE THIS TRANSMITTER !!!!!!!!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:;):) :):):):):)

Comment

Dang sorry I just seen this, I love my X10, and also yes I use a dsmx module in mine for some planes as I swap out recievers. You just go to RF system under model and turn off the internal rf and turn on the external in the fr-os

Comment

Modual not here yet only going to run telemetry in jets for now.... 30 rx cost lots with multi modual can still use my devo rx for now and telemetry hook up is so easy i just move the sensors from plane to plane building a shunt for currant sensor so i can swap that out too..just need a back up battery any ideas or if someone found one that fits :):):):):Cool::Cool::Cool: LOVE IT

Comment

Very cool:Smug:

Comment

Working...
                                        X