Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YA i replace a devo 10 ch rx and and a3 gyro and put in the s8r with gyro in half the space and half the wires great for jets where space is at a premieum going to have a bunch of a3 gyros for sale got 5 right now:Thinking:

Comment

well i ordered a multi modual from banggood and a 3d printed case assembled and installed it today..works great now i can fly almost any protacol and can fly all my devo rx equipped planes by by devo 10

Comment

One of my flying buddies let me use his backup X10, this thing is awesome but a pain to program until you understand how it works, it is an amazing radio but I'm not sure I need this much, it does look awesome, best looking radio out there and has all the right switches too, fits my big hands very well. Now should I or shouldn't I buy one??:)

Comment

Still on the fence on buying the FrSky X10, it's hard to let go of my Futaba radios, been with then for 34 yrs, but my wonderful wife gave me some money for my birthday and said, "go by you a new radio and don't use the money for nothing else", she is the best wife ever, really.:Cool:

Comment

DCORSAIR, I'd say just get the X10. I use mine every day, quite literally, and it has never failed me. As one can imagine, I fly A LOT, and what I fly are most often one of a kind prototypes that I can't afford to lose due to radio signal issues.

I don't like the stock charger, but if it really bugs you luckily it only involves a very simple mod to use a larger Lipo and balance tap charging. Every other aspect of the radio suits my needs perfectly. It's very powerful in terms of its capabilities, with a mild learning curve. Frankly I think my Guide videos on our YouTube channel cover the basics well enough to get people started. It's no different than learning the unique programming pathways for Spektrum or Futaba, etc, for the first time.

And yes, it sounds like you do have the best wife!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              DCORSAIR, I'd say just get the X10. I use mine every day, quite literally, and it has never failed me. As one can imagine, I fly A LOT, and what I fly are most often one of a kind prototypes that I can't afford to lose due to radio signal issues.

I don't like the stock charger, but if it really bugs you luckily it only involves a very simple mod to use a larger Lipo and balance tap charging. Every other aspect of the radio suits my needs perfectly. It's very powerful in terms of its capabilities, with a mild learning curve. Frankly I think my Guide videos on our YouTube channel cover the basics well enough to get people started. It's no different than learning the unique programming pathways for Spektrum or Futaba, etc, for the first time.

And yes, it sounds like you do have the best wife!
              Okay, so the X10 has the old charging box and the X10S has the new barrel connector for charging, is the that correct? I don't see the X10S in silver on the MRC radio page, only the carbon version, does MRC have the X10S in silver but it's just not listed?

Thanks Alpha.

Comment

I have a qx7 that I upgraded the gimbals in. I have been using it for a year now and love it. But I am thinking of upgrading to the x10s is it worth the upgrade or just stay with the qx7?

Comment

Originally posted by Agpilot25 View Post
                  I have a qx7 that I upgraded the gimbals in. I have been using it for a year now and love it. But I am thinking of upgrading to the x10s is it worth the upgrade or just stay with the qx7?
                  It all depends on what you use it for. I fly on the Taranis X9D and have been dying for the Horus, but honestly, I probably wouldn't use any more features on the Horus that I don't already have on the Taranis except for the cleaner operating system (I am used to OpenTX after the years of having it). But I think when my Taranis inevitable dies somehow (6 years old), I might just go with the QX7 because the price is awesome, has the Open TX I am used to and all the switches I would ever need.

To me, radios become like cameras and phones have. Every year they upgraded a few small features that drives the masses crazy, yet people either don't use or don't need those feature. Take GoPro, every damn year they make a new "better" one yet the GP 4 I have is still flawless to me. Most people can't tell the difference between 4k 60 and 4k 30 or even have the computer power to handle 4k footage at all. Or DSLR's. I am a videographer and I constantly use my GH5 in different modes etc, but I see people holding GH5's and never take it out of Auto mode...so why did you waste your money?

When you say you have been using it for a year and love it, then why even worry about changing it? It's a great radio and FR Sky to me is unbelievably reliable.

Comment

Working...
                  X