X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum vs Futaba

With the ongoing uncertainty with Futaba and the inability to get receivers I have been contemplating Spektrum radios...I like the telemetry audio aspect and like the way the new ix12 looks...however I may need more channels than the 9 it provides.....so maybe a DX 18 .....can you Spektrum guys chime in on your satisfaction with these radios? And in particular the ix12 or dx18 owners? Thanx!

Very happy with the DX-18.

But, Futaba is still a viable option.

They should have their new distribution network set up pretty soon.

Tower was the official importer for Futaba and when they folded it caused issues. The word from a couple of sponsored pilots I know is that Futaba is going to not use a contracted importer, but set up their own shop in USA instead.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yes I have heard same thing...almost two months ago now....I like my T 10J
      ...but wish it had the telemetry audio function that the Spektrum has...I think the functionality of the Spektrum seems to be a bit superior also...but don’t have first hand experience with that....

Comment

I just saw something from Futaba a few days about that they are ready to launch their US Distribution site. It was unclear of Tower would still carry the products or not.

The IX12 is 12 channels so it's between the DX9 and DX18. Guys in our club that have the IX12 and really like it. The DX18 guys really like theirs as well.

Comment

Oh, but those gimbals on the DX20! They're so nice it hurts that I don't have one.

Comment

I love my DX18. When I switched to Spektrum some years ago I started with a DX6 had a DX7 and DX8 but as my models got larger and more complex I went right into the 18 with no regrets. In fact I like it so much I bought a spare DX18 rather than the iX12 because I like the vertical sliders rather than the sideways ones on the newer Spektrum radios. I fly large scale sailplanes as well and the programming for gliders in the DX18 is top notch. Easy to program with lots of cool options for mixes, flight modes, telemetry, etc. This will most likely be the last radio I'll need for some time.
            I would have gone with the iX12 as a second radio if it weren't for the slider geometry. Those are really cool radios.

Comment

DX-18 (new) version telemetry audio is only good if you are flying quiet airplanes (and nobody else is making noise) Max volume is hard to hear flying a Parkzone Radian during the hand launch...

To make it useful I run a wire to an amplified speaker.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I have heard this is an issue with the ix12 also.....

Comment

Working...
                X