First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Woody

Comment

I could be wrong or making an assumption but I am trying to glean what is going on from what little information has been posted. One question I have is, "are the flaps running through the gyro". If so, I would say that is a big no-no. They flaps should go straight through without any stabilization. Tailwheel airplanes can benefit from stabilization on the rudder. I have several airplanes set up this way.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

This means that as long as the gyroceiver itself is mounted properly.....with the base facing perpendicular to the ground,
        Is this supposed to say "parallel" to the ground? I would think "base" would be the bottom of the receiver, or by "base" do you mean the other end of the receiver from the servo connections?

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post

Is this supposed to say "parallel" to the ground? I would think "base" would be the bottom of the receiver, or by "base" do you mean the other end of the receiver from the servo connections?
          Hi Dave, I suppose I was envisioning the flat face facing straight down toward the ground, as in perpendicular to it (I'm CAD drafting today I was thinking in terms of an Extrusion operation), but you're completely right in that the same phrase could be interpreted as the gyro itself is parallel to the ground.

To clarify, lay the gyro on the ground, and that's the same orientation it should also be in one's airplane.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'm real intrested in hearing what happens here. I have these in almost all my planes. I haven't had a bit of trouble. Jets, war birds, and sport models. All confugurations.

Woody

PS yes it should be flat in the model, parallel to the ground. Tail draggers will be tilted just a bit. Capt Ryan made a really good vid. I watch it every time I set one up. Lol

Comment

I want to thank Alpha for his response . Not happy about what it took to get one . Also I went thru everything I can find including video and nothing is mentioned about level binding . My fault being new to the Gyro world for not knowing . Only experience with these was with BNF Horizon products . This is information that needs to be somewhere . A pilot is now ready for a step up and gets a nice Warbird taildragger and installs this RX hoping for some extra assistance on his flying . Not knowing the info is very heartbreaking and confidence bruising when it crashes .

After 20 plus planes from MRC and RXs for another radio , of which never failed me I really wish I would have purchased Futaba instead of the Spektrum system .

Over a month to get the correct info … I'm holding my words because they are not allowed here .

Will say for sure I don't know if I will return here or the MRC website . Seems if its not a Big New EDF nobody cares . Didn't use to be that way

Bryan

But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I've noticed that as well. It has gotten to become more of a fluid promotional ad. However in fairness the announcement of the next up and coming plane is what seems to keep it going as of late. So cant blame them for that. Just seems like we put a wishlist ahead of just having friendly discussion of the hobby, and if it isnt in the airplane section seems to be overlooked. I know i did, but even so, i couldnt help you with this since im on frsky now. All in all, kinda sucks when issues are blown off. And on the note of gyro systems, ive been extremely pleased with the frsky setup and installs ive done. I just copy the settings from one to the next, then adjust as necessary. Too easy. Just wanted to say i hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
                  I want to thank Alpha for his response . Not happy about what it took to get one . Also I went thru everything I can find including video and nothing is mentioned about level binding . My fault being new to the Gyro world for not knowing . Only experience with these was with BNF Horizon products . This is information that needs to be somewhere . A pilot is now ready for a step up and gets a nice Warbird taildragger and installs this RX hoping for some extra assistance on his flying . Not knowing the info is very heartbreaking and confidence bruising when it crashes .

After 20 plus planes from MRC and RXs for another radio , of which never failed me I really wish I would have purchased Futaba instead of the Spektrum system .

Over a month to get the correct info … I'm holding my words because they are not allowed here .

Will say for sure I don't know if I will return here or the MRC website . Seems if its not a Big New EDF nobody cares . Didn't use to be that way

Bryan
                  Bryan, I feel your frustration. But to imply a Futaba is better than a Spektrum is simply nonsense. They're both fine radios, this is a fact mate. When I started using gyro receivers I started out with the Specktrum 6 channel model. It was a nightmare to program, it took me weeks, (actually 2 months I think) ordering this doodad, and that doodad to just be able to program it. Then I realized it didn't have an auto leveling feature. I was working on a little 800mm A-1 from Toprc. But I didn't want to crash it, just the same, so lots and lots of study, and testing. I finally flew it, and it flew well. But it wasn't easy. But there were lots and lots of testing, very frustrating to say the least. I would give up for days before going back.

I'll cut to the chase. The admiral is easy, so easy I standardized almost all my planes with them, and haven't had a failure to date. Haven't lost a single plane. This is the honest truth. Now understand this, I'm not an MRC fanboy. I buy my stuff everywhere, Horizion, Hobbyking, Greyson, General Hobbies, and of course Motion RC. I probably buy most of my stuff from MRC, but hey man, I bought 4 planes from Hobbyking last month. So you can reason that I'm no fanboy of Motion. I like em, I like some of their products. I especially like the Gyro Receiver. I like a little simplicity in my hobby regarding this, because god knows I have enough other complicated stuff in my life to keep me busy.

Ok, ether you got some bad receivers, or something is screwed up in your configuration. It's easy to screw one of these up. Not so easy on an Admiral, but it can be off somehow and it will crash your plane. They all will crash your plane if not configured appropriately, this is a fact with all of them mate. Every single one. I suspect if you don't focus and find the problem, this will most defiantly re-occurring problem in the future. I'm certain no one wants that, most of all you don't want that. I see this all the time in my line of work. As in addition to being a career pilot, I'm also a system's analysts.

So you can go on a tie raid, and start bashing everyone in sight, or you can focus on the problem and solve it. It's totally up to you man. But I wouldn't want to be crashing anymore planes. These things work great, this is a fact I have them in many, many planes.

Sincerest Regards
                  Woody

PS, if you can't work with MRC mate, it's all down hill from there. Something to consider man.

Comment

Spektrum was 'firstest with the mostest" to the 2.4 ghz market. They maintained backward compatibility as much as practical Only the very early short range stuff is orphaned.

Futaba came in and changed protocols with no cross-compatibility and at last count had 3 different protocols that don't work with each other still for sale.

And Hitech entered 2.4 ghz last of the "big names" that still exist.

Admiral is a non-Spektrum brand that is almost completely Spektrum compatible. To avoid patent/copyright infringement they aren't quite the same as DSMX.
                    Orange, Lemon and some other Chinese brands also use "not quite" the same protocols but produce receivers and transmitters that will work with Spektrum or Futaba.

Actually blaming Spektrum for anything Admiral did is just not right.

This isn't saying Admiral is bad... just that it really isn't Spektrum. Not the same corporation.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hi Hippie 64, I'm glad I came across your thread and was able as you've said to give you an answer, but to be frank I came across your thread purely at random nearly a month after it began. Being based in Asia, it's often difficult for me to frequently participate on forums because of connectivity challenges. I'm also our product development manager, not tech support --that crucial component of our business is executed by an entirely separate and talented team back Stateside who is wholly focused on serving our customer family to the best of their ability when reached through the official channels of Phone, Email, or Live Chat. Forums aren't actively monitored for service issues so to anyone and everyone reading this, please, if you have an issue of any kind, please contact the service team at www.MotionRC.com/support.

Now, details aside Bryan, it frustrates me that you feel like you didn't receive the service we all feel you rightfully deserve from Motion RC, and I know that everyone at Motion RC would agree! :) In your original post you mentioned you were working with one of our technicians last month and that he sent you replacement gyros. I would encourage you to contact that technician again and reference this thread, so that he can document and put into process the appropriate changes to more clearly explain the gyro. Across our 8,000+ products, we're always keen to incorporate customer feedback --it's how we grow as a community. If you feel like you're not getting the service you deserve, please ask to speak with Martin, our Customer Service Manager. For clarifications on product function, he may get me involved. For website changes, media videos, or Process improvements, he will get the appropriate person or team on the case. The point is, we have internal processes to ensure balls don't get dropped.

You also mentioned having many previous flights on these gyros without issues, so I hope that guides your confidence in them somewhat. I and everyone reading this feels a pilot's pain when an aircraft goes down especially under suspect or otherwise frustrating conditions. It's not fun, ever. I've been there and I feel your frustration, believe me!

Briefly, in your most recent post, you mention "gyro binding", but I want to clarify that the gyro can be in any orientation when a receiver is first bound to the radio. The RX600SP gyro takes its level from the factory, not when a customer binds it.

Finally, I hope we can all agree that this hobby is more than any single product or company, and that its fun is derived from more than any single flight or experience. I sincerely hope you'll give us the opportunity again to earn your business, but either way more importantly I hope you keep flying.

Clear Skies,
                      Alpha

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'm not sure, but I thought Bryan hasn't had gyros in the 'many previous flights'.
                        Personally, I'm not a fan of built in gyros, give me a Hobby Eagle any day, simple to set up, simple to adjust and simple to program, that's what an old guy like me needs, besides, at what $22 to$ $29 ballpark, they're a great investment. Bryan and I go way back on this forum, 4+ years and lots of great input, I'd hate to see him disappear. I've noticed lately that its becoming more difficult to find a non gyro receiver, so I've switched to Lemon 10 channels just for that reason, coupled with the price of course.
                        Watched a guy total his P-51 with 'AS3X' today, it started roller coastering on him and lawn darted into the ground, don't know where the AS3X was, but it sure wasn't in the airplane!
                        On the other hand, I had BBD, my 1400mm FMS P-51 in a 15 mile an hour wind today with an A3L and it was rock solid. I'll buy those suckers until they stop making them. Bryan, I'd recommend you go that route.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

I want to give a follow up . First let say that in June I suffered a Concussion and since I've been told a few mini Strokes so if I jibber jabber and make no sense please forgive and try to follow as best you can .

Yes its close to mid November and the rx's are in MRC hands . I was sent another and replaced on in my plane that I've been using to try and figure out the issue . It did the same thing . With a small amount of flaps , 14% , it went vertical . Now two different rx's with no setup change , no mixing because Tom says it doesn't require it . Also videoed both and included the radio setup showing everything , non stop no editing . Martin has them and is in the process of seeing what they can get to happen for them .

Alpha has also been included and informed me that he is ready to get with the Engineers as soon as the results show something , if there is .

I look back and a month earlier I had put one of these rx's in my Dynam Waco which ended up in pieces but at the time I thought it was me . When I sit back and put things all together I'm not sure that's the case . Had that plane for almost 4 years and liked it very much . The other plane I lost , it's still an ornament in a tree , was a Tundra . Both are easy flyers so makes me confused about the issue . The NON GYRO Admirals have worked perfect and I really like them .

I've done very little flying since this started in July and am very close to throwing in the towel . This has caused a loss of excitement for me over the course of close to 5 months now and all I want is figure out the issue .

As for the health issues they are only causing some speech issues not motor skills so no I did have problems flying for those who want to go there . Don't

I will follow up when there is more , Thank you Martin, Alpha , and Tom for helping with this ………….

Bryan
                          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Sorry to hear about you're health issues Bryan but don't throw in the towel the issue is the Rx's not you. I'll say a prayer for you. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                              Sorry to hear about you're health issues Bryan but don't throw in the towel the issue is the Rx's not you. I'll say a prayer for you. Hang in there.
                              Boomer thank you very much that means a lot to me ….

Bryan
                              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I wanted to let all know an update . First thank you for the well wishes and prayers . Next step is a brain scan and a MRI scheduled for early Dec.

Martin got back to me on Fri and there was a issue found upon flap activation . He is taking great care of me and I am very pleased with it . I do commend Martin on his efforts and never ending research into this . I know that he has very very much on him threw out the day and this was the last thing he needed . Also to Alpha and Tom for their efforts into helping with this . The biggest concern is it is now late Nov . this started early August but I know some things take time .

I feel better knowing that it wasn't my imagination even tho it wasn't any comfort to the MRC team finding there was a issue in the Rx. My curiosity has me wondering if I have a few more doing the same thing but are in non Flap planes . Also how many are out there that may have went down not knowing what happened .

I just wanted to give a update on the word I received so please pay close attention to what is going on when you fly .

Bryan
                                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                                X