You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selecting wing type on Spektrum ix12....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting wing type on Spektrum ix12....

Hi all,....I am in the process of transferring a few of my models off my Futaba T 10J over to the ix12 to take advantage of the increased functionality....At present I am transferring the Freewing F 15 with an 8ch receiver.....I took the wires out of the respective ports on the Futaba receiver and put them in the corresponding ones on the Spektrum....I initially set it up with the default wing type “Normal”....But after setting it all up I was looking at the choices and I see one of the choices is two aileron/two flap....which is what the F15 has....but when I select this...the flaps go to a midrange position...do not respond to the flap switch...and act as ailerons with aileron input.........I can only assume that this might be the result of how they are hooked into the receiver???? Also if I go back to the default wing setting..everything works fine..but I don’t get the flap settings option in the menu anymore... Can anyone give me an explanation? Thanx...Rick

Use wing type "one aileron - one flap".
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I got tired and put it away for the night..☺️....But will definitely try that in the morning...was hoping it was a simple fix!! I am a little confused as to why they depict a wing with two ailerons and two flaps with each with its own respective servo...but that is the wrong choice.......

Comment

Unfortunately that didn’t work...

Comment

If using the mixer/lighting board in the model... you will not be using the computer mixing of the radio.

There will be a series of wing modes showing 2 ailerons and 2 flaps... look at the WIRES in the pictures indicating how the wires will run to the RX.
          Ailerons on a Y + flaps on a Y is the one you want. (if using the board for these functions, it just Y's them.)

Or you can pull the ailerons and flaps from the board, going direct to the RX and then use the computer radio functions for one channel per servo.

Also, you WILL have to get int the "Flap System" section of the computer radio either way in order to enable a switch, knob or slider to operate the flaps.

I recommend initially NOT connecting the pushrods while setting this up.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Well after calling Horizon, I got it sorted out....TI was correct, one aileron and one flap was the selection...just needed to adjust the settings on the flap settings page...Thank you all for the help!!

Comment

Still trying to get one of the mixes to work on my Yellow Aircraft P-38. I am trying to tie the gear switch to an aux channel for nose gear steering so that hitting the gear up switch causes steering to stop. Seems simple enough but no joy. Aux5 controls steering no problem and gear switch brings gear up and down but steering stays on up or down. Several folks have tried to help me but no luck. Would someone like to give it a try that knows the IX 12 really well?:Confused:Once that's done I have to tie the brakes to up elevator.

Comment

O.K. so no one has any help for me on mixing?:Confused:

Comment

I have no help for the 12... What retracts are you using for the nose gear. Also, I have never put on brakes with UP elevator. Always full down with a trike gear like the P-38. You are coming in and slowing down and have to go full up to brake, then you can lift off again and cartwheel. Using full DOWN pins the nose wheel to the tarmac and helps the stop... FWIW!!!! :Cool: I use that setup in my A-26....

Comment

Working...
                  X