X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding problems

I'm fairly new in the rc world. I bought a mini apprentice s+ and have been having problems with it since i bought it.The newest problem is that i cant get my dxe4 or my dxe6 transmitters to connect to my receiver. They beep like they are bound but the solid light will not come on and i have no controls period. I have tried all the common things i can think of. I would like some tips or info. Is my receiver bad or what.

First and most obvious, did you follow the instructions in the manual for binding? Is your throttle trim as low as it can go on the front of the TX? Some Spektrum radios won't bind if the trim is in the middle. Oh, and after binding, you must do the throttle calibration.

Comment

ok so yes i did follow the instructions of the manual as closely as possible and made sure the throttle trim was at the lowest setting. But I'm not sure what you mean by throttle calibration.

Comment

So you had throttle and throttle trim at their lowest settings then inserted the bind plug, then plugged the lipo battery into the motor/ESC then turned on the Tx in bind mode right?

Try the binding procedure in another room or outside. Whenever I try to bind in my hobby room it never binds but it binds everywhere else.

Comment

Throttle calibration is done AFTER the RX is bound. It's a standard procedure to tell the ESC the min and max limits for throttle travel (ie, zero to 100%).

Comment

S+ is a GPS enabled receiver. It may not initialize the controls until it has both a GPS signal and the model is sitting upright AND still for a few seconds

Comment

Ok thanks guys for your input. I've tried all those things, and still no positive results. Now I am getting three blinks from the receiver, but it won't turn solid. And I don't get the three ascending tones. Sorry about not replying to anything for a while. Got busy with work and forgot about it

Comment

You might want to post this question in the Apprentice S thread. It seems that those who own this plane may also having similar problems as yourself. Reading over the instructions for binding, it looks like the process is quite typical and simple. Post up exactly what you do when binding (and not just what it says in the book) in the following thread. The book may say one thing, but you may do it just a little different - like holding bind button/switch, then powering up the TX, and continuing to hold the bind button. Tell how far away from the plane you are when you do this. Did you try a different bind plug? I’ve had one that did not have continuity.

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to try that. And I didn't try the new bind plug either will try that

Comment

I have a used futaba t10j that came with a receiver for my F4 phantom. ibought an additional one to go in my A10 Warthog cannot get it to bind after following instructions.... I realized I don't have a transmitter I.D.number. what should I do???

Comment

Working...
                    X