X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX6E bind failure with RX600SP

Noobie to RC air but so far loving it besides getting through these learning curves, as above can’t get this to bind. I have a DX6e(haven’t updated firm yet) and recently just finished building a FunJet Dragon PNP with a RX600SP. Watched the videos, read the instructions, can’t figure this out. I am attempting to do this with gyro/Rec method on and the program for it is already setup.
    The RX is mounted and servos plugged in, I put the bind plug in that came with the receiver, put power to RX, turn on TX while holding bind and bind failure after 5secs apx. Tried different distances, tried no prior model setup for gyro/stab, all batteries are charged, I’m cluesless.

My experience is only with the Lemon version but the principles should be the same. I've never like those 2 dinky little "diversity" antennas. In fact, my Lemon of the similar configuration failed the range test.
    Have you tried a different bind plug? I've had bind plugs with bad solders. Does your ESC have a built in BEC? If it doesn't, your RX won't have power. I know you said you've tried standing at different distances, but do you walk away BEFORE you do the bind button and turn on the TX? Is the throttle trim on your DX6e all the way down? Firmware update (or lack thereof) should not affect binding capabilities, but have you bound another receiver to it successfully just to make sure the TX is OK?

Comment

Okay I am progress, I didn’t realize I had a program saved that it’s been bound to so it failed my rebinds... shouldn’t have went PnP for my second plane(technically first since eflite viper hasn’t been up in the air yet) able to power up RX then TX automatically syncs. Only rebinding if I make changes, is it possible to rebound without having to make a new program?

next problem is setting up admiral rx600sp on the funjet dragon, I’ve read/watched/searched and can’t get a clear answer yet. How the $@:! Do I get dual elavon (not sure if I worded it right) delta wing setup on this RX with gyro/recovery on, tried everything but can only get right elavon to work. My delta ray I was able to get dual ail to work on it but no luck with either elevon which is bummer because i asx3 doesn’t work. Yes I know it’s aircraft type....
      also i want this RX to bounce between the EFX Racer and funjet, as long as I preselect the model before booting it the plane it should work fine right?

thabks for the help, I got in over my head quick, hoping to fly today if I can get atleast funjet sorted

Comment

Also I’m confused I read admiral rx600sp it only works up to 8.2v, should I have a separate battery for that?? Both planes I have using it will be running 3s but seem to work fine

Comment

Originally posted by Corpster101 View Post
          Okay I am progress, I didn’t realize I had a program saved that it’s been bound to so it failed my rebinds... shouldn’t have went PnP for my second plane(technically first since eflite viper hasn’t been up in the air yet) able to power up RX then TX automatically syncs. Only rebinding if I make changes, is it possible to rebound without having to make a new program?

next problem is setting up admiral rx600sp on the funjet dragon, I’ve read/watched/searched and can’t get a clear answer yet. How the $@:! Do I get dual elavon (not sure if I worded it right) delta wing setup on this RX with gyro/recovery on, tried everything but can only get right elavon to work. My delta ray I was able to get dual ail to work on it but no luck with either elevon which is bummer because i asx3 doesn’t work. Yes I know it’s aircraft type....
          also i want this RX to bounce between the EFX Racer and funjet, as long as I preselect the model before booting it the plane it should work fine right?

thabks for the help, I got in over my head quick, hoping to fly today if I can get atleast funjet sorted
          Also I’m confused I read admiral rx600sp it only works up to 8.2v, should I have a separate battery for that?? Both planes I have using it will be running 3s but seem to work fine
          Rebinding is not determined by you having a program already saved on your TX. You can rebind as many times as you want although it's not necessary.
          You did not answer my questions from my previous response. We do not know how you are doing the binding. Are you using the bind plug and do you know if the bind plug is good? Do you wait till you are at least 10 feet away before trying to bind? After the bind, do you take out the bind plug? Outline the steps you take to do the binding. Then we can comment on if it's being done correctly.
          You also did not answer the question about the type of ESC you have. Do you know that the receiver is being powered? IE, does the ESC have its own BEC? It doesn't matter what voltage the RX can work with. If you have a BEC in the ESC, the BEC will regulate this no matter the number of cells in your battery so long as the battery doesn't exceed the max number cells dictated by the ESC.
          If you are flying a gyro stabilized plane, the aircraft type (or wing type) is ONLY set in the receiver, NOT in the transmitter. The transmitter must be set to normal wing. Then one wing servo goes into AIL and the other goes into ELE. You may have to play around with switching the servos and/or experimenting with reversing one or both of the servo direction in the TX.

Comment

My apologies, are you saying I can have multiple models programs of the same model/receiver etc? From what I was running into if I created two models of the same receiver/ plane I couldn’t get the second model to bind. I’m getting Off track sorry, first my bind process...
            i create a model, set aircraft type and that’s it on that menu, haven’t figured out flight mode feature yet.
            i back out and throttle trim sub trim -5(read some won’t bind if this isn’t done??), throttle cut- F, delta ray Gear - switch C for asx3/safe, I’ll discuss/ask about eflite viper when I get airtime on the other models.
            i then turn TX off, insert bind plug to bind port that came with TX that’s is 4 weeks old(appears to be working)
            I zero throttle, then power up TX while holding bind button then seems to always bind as long as I don’t have another similar saved model that has bound. Which saying outloud doesn’t make sense why...
            after binding I remove the bind plug then Itest the controls/setup subtrims etc, if I am happy I don’t need to rebind. The frustration begins like trying to get eflite viper to have retracts/ safe/asx3 or getting elevens to work right on the wings for deceased delta ray and runner up funjet. I read I had to rebind after making throttle trim/aircraft changes so I found it was easier to erase and start fresh.
            For the ESC question I am not sure what’s in the Funjet, I bought it off eBay as a PnP all assembled besides glueing the wings and the only thing useful info in the manual is CG location. The eBay page says it only needs a 3s 1500mah min 30C and 4 channel receiver. Can’t visually tell due to it’s packed away location in fuselage.
            I do know the receiver is powering up because the lights/beeps etc and always can get throttle to work so esc is powering up, appears it’s probally my unfamiliarity with setting up the TX/RX.

ohhhhh SERIOUSLY!?!? I’ll try that in a few mins, the quick start video for the Admiral RX600sp on RCmotion I thought saysits done through the TX???

Comment

The lemon stab from what I’ve read was done all through the RX, by the sounds of the video for my Admiral rx600sp that it’s important to setup right model aircraft type for the dip switches. I’ve been trying with gyro on though just to get the The elavons to move right first.

My steps for binding the funjet with rx600sp is
              create new- tried dual ail/flaperon/elevon/elevon B with no luck.
              I power down TX after selecting aircraft type
              i start with only the esc- throttle/bind plug-bind into the RX, after leds change and beeps to confirm bind I try the different servo ports, throttle and R ail only work. I believe(instructions are very vague for boogies) after wing setups work right the next step is set dipswitches to reflect wing/port setup then set mix I>Ger 0% 5%(for gyro/recovery on.

Comment

OK, I see where you are doing things differently. You are using the same RX in multiple planes. (You need to tell us these things.) This WILL require that you rebind each time so that the TX settings for each model is relevant to that model. Almost everyone else (most everyone else, anyway) uses a different RX in each plane. They bind once and that's it.
                Anytime you have a RX (a gyro one) that has settings for wing type, you leave the TX alone (it should be set to "normal wing").
                Finally, not that this will make any difference, but to be sure you rule this out, disconnect battery from plane before inserting bind plug, then insert bind plug, then connect the battery. Then move away at least 10 feet and power up the TX while holding the bind button. Keep holding it till you see that bind is complete. Remove bind plug. Test all functions. After this, always power off plane first, then TX. When starting to fly, it's the opposite - TX first, then plane.

Comment

Awesome I’ll give it a shot and let you know ASAP. Today I put he efforts into flying he efx racer, setup and everything went perfectly but sadly had so much fun I forgot to set the timer and pay attention to it... one cell on 4@3s is down to 3.2 and can’t charge ???????????? second 3s I shorted out while soldering FML lol I’m a diesel mechanic so this fine/precision work is not my ballpark. Luckily I have 2 2s 1300, need to find a flight time calculator app to see if it’s worth it. If only I could squeeze my 3s 3200!in there. Lesson learned quickest by hitting the pocket ???? great fly though but while killing my battery I annhilated the prop, hoping to get info/advice on getting folding prop setup on this beast. Also tips on getting the spinner cap bolt off for the aluminum setup

Comment

Doesn't your TX have a timer that starts as soon as you raise the throttle? For the battery that you drained too far, you need a proper smart charger and start charging that bad battery on the NiCad setting at very low amps, like 0.5A to bring it up to at least 3.5, then you can charge normally on LiPo setting.
                    I've had the EFX and now have the EFXtra. A folding prop might save you some props but it work as well due to it sometimes catching a blade on an edge when it starts up. Just make sure when you land that the motor is off long before it gets close to the ground. It has to slow down to the freewheeling stage before it touches the ground. If you make sure the ESC is set for brake OFF, it should free wheel and swing out of the way when you land. I've only ever broken one prop on my EFXtra and that was a fluke when I didn't shut the motor off soon enough. You also learn to stall it onto the ground so it kind of "pancakes" onto the ground. When it comes sliding in, it has more of a chance to snap the prop.

Comment

LThe DX6e time is programmer in model system setup. Forgot because my multitasking skills are not too notch. Three kids, car broken down, life... lol
                      bummrr guess my $50 crx1 is not a smart one ???? tried every option with Nicad and nihm on my charger with no luck and can only set voltage per cell cut off, no minimum start. Luckily the other battery is okay, I metered it ad had difference readings from Charger. Pulled balance port board back off and found a tear in direct board from accidently arking it. I Sodered it up which works but don’t trust us and no more mini cent gambles.
                      So no luck with getting funjet programmer. Same deal, create new model, normal/normal then back out, insert bind plug, power TX while holding bind, bind works plugged in right ail to aileron port, it goes through throw check, attempted with left aileron on all ports and no response besides quiet hums. Do I need to change RX channel on my TX so it knows it’s separateservos?
                      I loved it, so glad that I got that as my trainer. it’s anazing hour fast and agile it is, want more snappier roll though which maybe because I didn’t have ball links hooked up right. My first land was absolutely fantastic besides 50feet away but happened by accident. I broke the prop when I got cocky and wanted to fly it back to the car and nose dived. Lesson learned... lol I’ll give it a shot, I don’t want to get too tech/involved until I get the basics and viper flying.
                      looking at aerobatic plane to grow with so I have one of a few types of planes. That eflite 300extra 3D has been catching my eye at towerhobbies lol have you tried it?

Comment

plugged in right ail to aileron port, it goes through throw check, attempted with left aileron on all ports and no response besides quiet hums. Do I need to change RX channel on my TX so it knows it’s separateservos?
                        But does it respond in the correct direction? The other AIL should go into ELE. Did you set your RX to ELEVON (Delta in your case) and leave your TX on normal wing? If you did, it should know that you've got separate servos.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Have an update, the left aileron was inop. Due to my lack of skills in multitasking... servo was plugged in backwards which explains the constant buzzing. New issue is the elavons are not working together, moving the stick right/left moves only the right elevon. Moving it up and down only moves the left elevon. Ive tried both elevon aircraft types and normal type, both with J4 on. Slowly but surely getting there, hoping to try this out today. Have had it 3 weeks ????

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Have an update, the left aileron was inop. Due to my lack of skills in multitasking... servo was plugged in backwards which explains the constant buzzing. New issue is the elavons are not working together, moving the stick right/left moves only the right elevon. Moving it up and down only moves the left elevon. Ive tried both elevon aircraft types and normal type, both with J4 on. Slowly but surely getting there, hoping to try this out today. Have had it 3 weeks ????
                            I've addressed this situation in the other thread. You didn't say you tried "normal" in the other thread. Put the TX back to normal wing. You now have to experiment with swapping the servo ports (polarity IS important) and then experiment with reversing one or both servos in the servo reverse menu. Reverse one, try it. If it still doesn't work, put it back and reverse the other, try it. Then reverse both and try it. It's a process of trial and error.

BTW. Once you get the sticks to work the way they're supposed to, you may not be completely ready to fly it. You need to double check the gyro response direction to make sure they are correct. If not, the plane will spin itself into the dirt. Also, you must ensure that the gyro gain pots are not to high. Don't assume they are set correctly out of the box. If they are too sensitive, the plane could shake itself to death.

Comment

Working...
                            X