X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver not working

Hi, new here.. I got the Freewing F-105 64mm plane and a Admiral RX 600 sp reciver and got everything put together....but now I can get motor to run and can't get anything to work write on it.... any idea on what I'm doing wrong.?
    I'm new at Flying and EDF planes too.
    TruckerJim

You're not giving us much to go on. You're not telling us what you've done so far so we can't determine what you're doing wrong. You also haven't indicated what your experience level is. So, I'll have to make some assumptions and get some basics out of the way.
    1. Are ALL servos plugged into the RX with correct polarity? IE, negative to negative and signal to signal?
    2. Rx orientated in the correct direction because it is a gyro stabilized RX?
    3. Did you put your throttle trim as low as it will go on the front of the TX? After that, did you do the throttle calibration? You can Google it or search YouTube on how to do this. It's one of the fundamental things that must be done when setting up a new electric plane.

This plane has linked ailerons and elevators. You didn't use a "Y", did you? They must be kept separate. The plane is flown as "wing type" ELEVON (or delta). Anytime you have a gyro stabilizing device like this RX, the wing type must be set on the device and the TX must be set to "normal" wing. One wing servo gets plugged into AIL and the other gets plugged into ELE. You may have to experiment with swapping and reversing these by trial and error to get it to work right. Then comes the task of setting the gyro response directions and you must do your own testing to make sure they are correct or your first throw will be your last until you repair the plane. Next comes setting the gains so you don't have the response too sensitive. Too sensitive and the plane will shake itself to death. (No, the default settings out of the box may not be correct for this plane.) You must do all the necessary testing before you send it up in the air. You must know what to look for when you do the testing. If you don't then you need to find someone to give you hands on help. Not knowing how to test and what to look for can be disastrous, especially when you're dealing with a gyro device. You need to know what the control surfaces "should" look like when you move the sticks. UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT.

Comment

I agree with everything that XV has said above. ;)The only hedge on the discourse is the experience level was pronounced as "new at Flying" which isn't gonna turn out well starting with a 105 EDF. :Scared:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by trucker46jim View Post
        Hi, new here.. I got the Freewing F-105 64mm plane and a Admiral RX 600 sp reciver and got everything put together....but now I can get motor to run and can't get anything to work write on it.... any idea on what I'm doing wrong.?
        I'm new at Flying and EDF planes too.
        TruckerJim
        I have had problems with them before. At the end of the day, I found out the problem was with me. Don't rule out a problem with the hardware as they make quite a lot of these, and the possibility that one could be flawed is always a possibility.

So the one and only time I experienced a problem like you're discussing I had the dip switches set backward. Instead of on, on, off. I had a brain fart and made them off, off, on. Yea I keep a drawer full of these in my shop, I opened up 3 new receivers, they were all doing the same thing LOL. Spent almost a day and a half to figure this one out. But like you, I just couldn't get anything to work right.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I have had problems with them before. At the end of the day, I found out the problem was with me. Don't rule out a problem with the hardware as they make quite a lot of these, and the possibility that one could be flawed is always a possibility.

So the one and only time I experienced a problem like you're discussing I had the dip switches set backward. Instead of on, on, off. I had a brain fart and made them off, off, on. Yea I keep a drawer full of these in my shop, I opened up 3 new receivers, they were all doing the same thing LOL. Spent almost a day and a half to figure this one out. But like you, I just couldn't get anything to work right.

Woody
          To compound the problem, those little dipswitches don't always "click" in solidly. You push one to what you think is all the way but it really isn't. You have to feel it "click".

Comment

Very True Viper, One last thing. Once I get everything right, I always run a bead of foam tack along the base of the plugs and the receiver. This just to make sure none of the plugs can pop out unexpectedly during negative G maneuvers. I really like the receivers, and I like the up facing plugs for setup. It's always a good idea not to ignore the common physics of the situation though. FYI

Woody

Comment

Thanks ....will try that when I get home.

Comment

Working...
              X