Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmitter

Will a bfn transmitter work on a pnp rc

Hi HB390ARL, welcome to Hobby Squawk! What is "bfn"? Would you please elaborate, or post a link to the transmitter you're asking about? I assume you're not talking about broadband FD-type transmission/reception.

In general, PNP models don't care which transmitter/receiver pair is used in them, as long as the transmitter and receiver can be paired together and are appropriate for flying an RC model. Most modern radios use 2.4Ghz SS transmission. Various brands utilize their own protocols, which is essentially a type of distinct language.

EDIT: It also occurred to me that you might have meant to say "BNF" transmitter, instead of "bfn" transmitter. If you have a BNF transmitter, my original question still applies: Please let us know which BNF transmitter you have (which brand, which model), and we'll be able to give you a more accurate answer. In general, a BNF transmitter from, say, Spektrum, will be compatible with Spektrum protocol receivers, but not all of them, and depending on your BNF transmitter you might not be advised to use it on a larger PNP model due to range concerns, latency, programability, etc.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Alpha.motionrc you gave me the answer I was looking for. I was just wondering if a bnf transmitter would work on a rtf or pnp aircraft. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HB390ARL View Post
        Alpha.motionrc you gave me the answer I was looking for. I was just wondering if a bnf transmitter would work on a rtf or pnp aircraft. Thanks
        Again, it depends on the brand of the TX. If you intend on binding it to a RTF, meaning it has its own RX and you wish to replace the stock RTF TX, then the new TX must be of the same protocol as the RTF RX. IE, You won't be able to bind your Spektrum TX if your RTF plane has a non-Spektrum compatible RX.
        BTW, "BNF transmitter" is not the correct terminology to use in this context. It's just a "transmitter". ALL transmitters will bind to any receiver of the same protocol. For example, Spektrum will bind to Spektrum or Lemon or Admiral or any DSM2/DSMX Orange receiver from HobbyKing.
        A PNP aircraft is one that comes with NO receiver. When you equip it with a receiver, that receiver MUST be of the same protocol as the transmitter. To repeat what Alpha asked you, what type of TX and what kind of aircraft (RX) are you specifically asking about?

Finally, Spektrum stuff is not compatible with Futaba stuff and not compatible with Detrum stuff and not compatible with Walkera stuff, not compatible with Jeti stuff. You can see where I'm going with this.

Comment

Working...
        X