X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX 600SP gyro issues

I have a DX6 and I'm trying to set up my 600SP on gyro combo C with no luck. I followed the video instructions to the letter but when I'm in combo C I can't get any switch including the bind switch to turn on the gyro, nothing happens, no lights change color, nothing. I did set up the mix just as the video shows. The default combo A, gyro always on works fine, all control surfaces move in the correct direction. I have only flown the plane with all dip switch's off, no gyro, so I don't know if the recovery system works. I have noticed something strange, when I'm binding for the combo's I have the default recovery blue light, but when I pull the bind plugs and power up it changes to green by it self. In the video it appears that the recovery lights are off after binding.
    Thanks

Hi Rokon,
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Which DX6 are you using? SPM6700? Would you be able to post a picture of your receiver, showing the servo wire inputs and dip switches?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

The servo wire going to rudder is the rudder

Comment

Any ideas on this would be most appreciated.

Comment

In your mixing you have the switch assign to that mixing? Also try -5% instead of 5%
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Thanks thisguy for responding and the suggestion, I do have the switch assigned to that mix and in the monitor screen it shows it being activated. I also tried the -5% but I still can't switch the gyro on/off. Is it possible the receiver is bad?

Comment

Could you use your phone take a quick video?
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Is their something specific you want to see?

Comment

We are kinda flying blind in helping you because we don't know the steps or what exactly you did. A video from start to finish of your process would help me or someone help solve your issue.
                  Planes

Comment

I could not get mine to work using switch A or B, but did work with switch C.

Comment

Thanks F22, I've tried every switch, they all show they are activated on the mix and monitor screens but they wont turn the gyro on/off. I will get a video up some time soon.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I am having the same problem installing the RX600SP. My transmitter is a Spektrum DX6

I feel like I have performed all the proper steps for setting up the transmitter and receiver properly, but I am not getting the receiver lights changing when I push the momentary push button. I have the receiver set in "Stabilization Combo A". I have a solid Green light on the receiver and the ailerons do seem to be correcting (in the proper direction) when I roll the aircraft quickly with my hands. However, when I push the momentary button, the receiver lighting does not change. I changed the receiver to combination C but, again, no change when the button is pressed.

I'll walk through the entire binding process again and follow every step and followed the suggestions above with no success.

- latest firmware in my Dx6 (Ver 2.01)
                        - gear switch was tested in both default position and inverted position.
                        - tried both +5 and -5 in the mix. (Also tried increasing to 10)
                        - radio shows switching on display but receiver never responds with changing lights
                        - tried creating new model but same issue with RX600SP
                        - changing to combo b and combo c the gyro stays on at all times. (Appears to be problem in RX600SP.)
                        - I can turn the gyro off and on with all dip switches off but cannot do it remotely from radio.

Has anyone else found a solution to this type of problem?

Tks
                        Kevlar

Comment

There are 3 videos you need to watch and follow along step by step. One of the videos with Ryan is the key. Sound s like you don’t have the gyro on an assigned switch, and I also use a DX6 - I had tried setting it up on a DXe and did get it to work, but it was a pain. I upgrade to the DX6 and had seen the videos several times so I had no trouble and it is still working fine, even after a rebind.
                          Check out all the Motion RC videos and you’ll get it set.

Comment

I have already watched the videos and followed Ryan’s exact instruction.

Gyro is on the gear switch exactly like Ryan.

The fact that when you switch to comb B and combo C and gyro is alway on indicates receiver is not correct and is nothing to do with transmitter.

Comment

You need to assign it to a different switch and not gear, using the mix.

Comment

Like this?

Comment

Yes, when pressed you should see the gear value change by 5 points
                                  Planes

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	D210028E-7B58-42E5-A5FA-E7303C93F63E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	247.4 KB ID:	193455 You need to highlight the “SWITCH” heading and the assign it to something on the Transmitter like Switch B or C ( a 2 position switch to turn it on and off.) The way you have it now is just. ON. No switch assigned.

Comment

thisguy65 yes when I press the button “l” it changes by 5. Just like the videos.

F22trainer i have tried you suggestion and it did not work. No where in the instruction for
                                      the RX600SP do they mention that and also in all of the videos from MotionRC they also don’t mention that.

Comment

Switch H is usually for Throttle cut. Did you try switch C? I don’t remember which video, but he does tell you how to assign it to a mix and such.

Comment

Working...
                                        X