X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graupner radios

any one using graupner radios? I’ve been looking at them and the pricing is way better for the money compared to spektrum. Looking to get a 12 channel but the ix12 is too expensive and has a bunch of crap on it that I don’t care about. Or if anyone is using something else and likes it I’d like to hear your thoughts.

I used a MZ-24 Pro for a few months.

Pro's: GREAT looking radio. I know that doesn't matter to some but I appreciate that they made it pleasing to the eye. The gimbals feel really nice from the factory and there are 3 levels of springs you can get to customize the feeling however you like. I kept the stock light tension spring in the left stick and put the high tension in the right. I do wish I had opted for the medium tension though as the light is too light and the high was too tight feeling, but still pretty nice. The switches feel well made and don't come loose as much as they do on any of my Spektrum's. The radio has a very solid, well made feel to it. It is a bit thinner than I expected but it felt very nice in the hands. The display is very nice and well thought out. Once you learn the radio, the display options will make much more sense. The touch screen is sensitive enough to still be able to use your fingertips but having the stylus pen attached to the handle is a nice touch and does come in handy sometimes. It comes with a very nice case and multiple receivers. I never used it, but I have heard their customer service is top notch.

Con's: You have to purchase and print out the full manual that is 100% required in order to even get some of the basics working IMO, unless of course you are already familiar with Graupner's interface. If not, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Things like adding elevator mix to flaps, which is ridiculously simple with Spektrum, requires a separate mix and multiple different settings to achieve. I also struggled with setting timers to count down and stop depending on my throttle position. There currently aren't any inexpensive options from receivers so you are stuck buying nothing but Graupner HOTT, which by comparison aren't that much more than brand name Spektrum or Futaba receivers. The space between the top switches was a little too thin for me to comfortably rest my fingers to have quick access to throttle hold and my gear switch but if you have thin fingers that won't be an issue. I read somewhere that they increased the space on the MZ-32 though.

If you are already familiar and comfortable with the Spektrum or Futaba interface, it can be frustrating trying to decipher some of the terminology used. But if you are willing to invest the time in learning and becoming familiar with the navigation and such, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I sold mine as I was getting too frustrated with the interface and wanted to go back to the simplicity that Spektrum offers. But if I could put the Spektrum interface in the case of the Graupner I would have a dream radio!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X