X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudder channel has no port on receiver

I bought an AR620 receiver and a Spektrum DXE transmitter. I found out that throotle is on pin 3, rudder on pin 2, aileron on pin 4, nothing on pin 1, flight mode on pin 5 and the bind / panic / trainer button on pin 6. Elevator is not found. However, I can not fly my plane without an elevator. I can not connect the receiver to the programming software, but the transmitter already. Can someone help me? Thank you

Hi HelloWord, welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Would you attach a photo of your radio's setup? The AR620 receiver is labeled with which port corresponds to which control input. I don't know what you mean by "Elevator not found"... the "ELE" port would be clearly labeled on your receiver, which leads me to think your radio's model setup is somehow incorrect. Create a new model and try binding to the receiver separately.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

The new AR620 has no labels for output, just numbers.... 1 is throttle, 2 is aileron, 3 is elevator, 4 is rudder, 5 is gear and 6 is flaps (Aux 1) I hope this helps some.... :Cool: Start with a new model and memory cleared and bind to the new receiver. Use a spare servo and plug into each channel and check the corresponding stick movements and verify servo output movement. This will work on the throttle channel as well... Jerry
      (Old school throttle servo) :P

Comment

But this isn't right with my model. The channels are on the pins I've written above. And there is no pin that reacts if I connect a servo to it and move the elevator on the transmitter.

Comment

Sorry for the issues... It really sounds like a problem with the TX programming. Have you selected another "new" model and cleared the memory? Have you set it for "airplane"? Wing type "normal" No mixes... Then rebind it to your receiver and test it that way? I have no other suggestions for you if that doesn't work, other than a bad receiver... Good luck.. And welcome to Hobby Squawk!!!! Glad to have you on board!!!

Comment

I did this things with the transmitter. But I said I wasn't able to do it with the receiver, because it didn't connect with the software. I tried everything.

Comment

Show us a picture of how you’ve got the plugs installed. You understand about polarity, right? If you have a plug reversed, it won’t work.

Comment

This is with ESC on battery port and servo on one of the servo ports

Comment

Originally posted by HelloWordWithProblems View Post
                  This is with ESC on battery port and servo on one of the servo ports
                  Well, it looks like you've got the basics like polarity in good shape. Hopefully someone who successfully uses these will be able to help you out. Just looking at the Horizon video, it seems to be a bit more complicated than what I'm used to. The video mentions something about pre-programmed failsafe and programmed failsafe, depending on how you bind it. If it's bound a certain way, it can go into one of its failsafes and freeze up some channels depending on what the TX is doing. Good luck with it. Beyond the basics, this one's over my head.

Comment

I've fixed it. The cannels are where they have to be. I managed it with pressing the bind button, powering on the transmitter and pulling the aileron stick to the side at the same time. But Channel 1 doesn't work. I'm sure this is a hardware problem and I will try to fix it tomorrow. But this post is closed.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I hope you get it sorted out. Please let us know how you did it!!! It is a mystery to us now!! :Confused: Thanks!!! Jerry

Comment

This is how I did it: I managed it with pressing the bind button, powering on the transmitter and pulling the aileron stick to the side at the same time.

Comment

I've found the hardware problem. There is a resistor with the wrong capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloWordWithProblems View Post
                            I've found the hardware problem. There is a resistor with the wrong capacity.
                            Wow, how do you find something like that out?

Comment

Working...
                            X