Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic Transmitter / E Flite Timber flap - elevator question

Hello.

I recently bought an E-Flite Timber 1.2 PNP. I have a Tactic TTX650 transmitter and I installed a Tactic TR625 receiver in the plane. The plane flies good. But I can not figure out how to get the elevator to mix with the flaps with a three position toggle switch. I had no problem with my elevator and flaps with my De Haviland Beaver, when I hooked that up with my Tactic transmitter and receiver.

The problem can be described as: when I put the 3 position flap switch into position number 1, the flaps move down just a little - where in actuality, they should not move at all, as that is the normal "flaps up" position. Next, when I move the flap switch into position number 2, the flaps return to "normal up" position. Finally, when I move the toggle switch to position number 3, the flaps drop to full deflection.

I am about at my wits end in trying to figure out as to why this is happening and how to fix this so the flaps mix with the elevator when the three position switch is toggled to the desired positions. If you have any thoughts at all, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Jim

Wow, I get to answer my own question.

I got it figured out and it now works fine. First, I removed the propeller from the motor, which is always a good thing to do when working on a plane and making adjustments. Next, I removed the flap servo covers. Then I unscrewed the 3 screws that hold the plastic triangular plate that holds the servo down and in the servo mount. Next, I pulled the servos up and out of the servo holders. From there, I was able to remove the servo arm. Once the servo was free, I turned on the transmitter and connected the battery to the receiver. In observing the servo movement, I then replaced the servo arm back on the servo spline........., but not at its original location. I moved the arm several degrees and then put it back on the servo. This turned out to be fairly close to where it needed to be with the flap in the full up position. I repeated the process and then had the full up flap position exactly where I wanted it. Then I lowered the flaps to half way down and they worked properly and then finally to full flap down and that worked great too. So I then repeated the whole process for the other flap and they both work fine. Note: I did have to remove some wing material from the servo arm area - for clearance - and some more material that was under the linkage and the clevis also because of "binding" in that area.

So if anyone else ends up with the problem that I had, I hope that this "fix" will work out for you too!

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X