X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite Apprentice S 15e Receiver

I have been asked if you can use the RX from the E-Flite Apprentice in another model. I can categorically say, "This is not something we would recommend you do". The Apprentice has been designed as an easy to fly RC trainer with the characteristics of that model pre-programed into the RX to make it an easy introduction into RC flying.

However if the RX is fitted into another type of model, for example a warbird or an EDF jet. The design parameters will be completely different from the Apprentice and as a consequence the RX will not operate with the new model in mind. The RX will know no different and will react as if it was an Apprentice, and this can be totally the wrong information if it is a high performance model.

I am aware that some people on other forums people are saying the RX can be used in other models with no problem. However what we don't know is how many people have had problems and said nothing about it.

It may be possible to use the Apprentice RX in a model similar to the Apprentice. Another trainer maybe, but to stay on the safe side only use it in the E-Flite Apprentice.

One other point of interest. The RX is designed to operate with the digital servos as fitted to the Apprentice. If you use analogue servos the RX is likely to burn them out.

Horizon Hobby will also not recommend the RX from the Apprentice be used in any other model for the reasons above.

Martin

Yes, Martin you are correct, Horizon has told me the same thing officially, it will not work. What people do with them on their own is just a gamble people need to realize, no warranty if something goes wrong is all. What people do on their own and put on forums can be misleading even in the best intentions. What does not make sense to me is we sell the Hobby Eagle for A3 6 axis with auto balance (similar to SAFE) for $35 and the Apprentice's SAFE receiver is $110. The best thing about ours is if the gyro or the receiver dies you can replace either or unlike the Apprentice its another $110. Good luck for those who are doing this.

Comment

We had a discussion about that in regards to the AR636 that comes in the E Flite Spitfire as well. As there doesn't seem to be a way to reprogram the 'already set up for this plane' receiver, it would seem that if the plane augurs in, the rx is not reusable. My question was that if I wanted to use the same rx in the Flightline Spitfire (same wingspan) would that work?
      Although, in all fairness, I'm not willing to risk $200 to find out. Better to start fresh all the way around I guess.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
      X