Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low battery voltagecan fry your DX6

Hi Guys.
    I just bought a DX6 and had gone through its menus a couple of times. The next day when I turned it on all that came up was a blank screen. I changed batteries and got the same result. I called Motion RC and they said I should call Horizon. Horizon asked me if I left the power switch on by mistake. Maybe I bumped the power switch when I put it back in the box or I just forgot to turn it off.??
    I sent the radio to Horizon and they fixed it with no charge. But if you let the battery get drained to a low point it can fry 3 components in the radio. They had to change out the Encoder, the RF deck and the trim board. They also updated the latest firmware to version V1.05a. I think the new firmware is supposed to take care of the low voltage problem.
    Anyway be careful not to leave your power switch on.
    Always fly in the middle of the air and stay away from the edges. Edges of the air are identified as trees, ground, water, buildings, etc.

Good info to share! I have a voice alarm set to tell me "system idle" on my DX6. It's saved me a couple times when i forgot to turn it off.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Hi Lon.
      I put my radio back in the box and set it under my desk. Not sure I would have heard it. Horizon told me not all DX6's do this.
      Always fly in the middle of the air and stay away from the edges. Edges of the air are identified as trees, ground, water, buildings, etc.

Comment

I've drained mine many times no problems ...no losses and model memory was still there. So idk

Comment

Horizon has treated me well fixing radios in the past.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
          X