Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I'm back in the air,,Spektrum sent me the configurations for the 636 sport per P-51,, flys great now !!

Comment

What is your wingspan on your P51 and can you post the 636 setup?

Comment

I'm new to this forum. I have been given a used AR636, believed to have come from a Sukhoi. I am asking for someone with the smarts and means to "flash" this receiver for me so that I can reprogram it with new values. I will send via snail mail, including a prepaid return envelope. If there is anyone out there that can do this, please reply and we can go from there.
        THANKS!
        yodada

Comment

Originally posted by yodada View Post
          I'm new to this forum. I have been given a used AR636, believed to have come from a Sukhoi. I am asking for someone with the smarts and means to "flash" this receiver for me so that I can reprogram it with new values. I will send via snail mail, including a prepaid return envelope. If there is anyone out there that can do this, please reply and we can go from there.
          THANKS!
          yodada

Get the smartphone cable and you can clear it, program and tweak it yourself anytime you want...and welcome to Hobby Squawk!

https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-TX-A...WB8G9X5SNY8432
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

THANKS!
            yodada
            I see you've also asked at RCGroups and so far, not too many comments or volunteers. I think that the RX out of the Sukhoi may be the very worse one to try to reflash. I have 3 of them sitting here and as much as I've tried to do something with them via the smart phone app and the cable, nothing seems to work. This RX from the Sukhoi, I've been told is very proprietary and may be locked. I've even read on some product page that it should not be attempted to be used in any other plane. Good luck with it but for the kind of money it would cost to buy a Lemon RX and a HobbyEagle stabilizer, I'd forget about that 636.
            I've successfully reprogrammed the AR636A out of my Radian XL to work in another plane. That one has no locked features.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
              I see you've also asked at RCGroups and so far, not too many comments or volunteers. I think that the RX out of the Sukhoi may be the very worse one to try to reflash. I have 3 of them sitting here and as much as I've tried to do something with them via the smart phone app and the cable, nothing seems to work. This RX from the Sukhoi, I've been told is very proprietary and may be locked. I've even read on some product page that it should not be attempted to be used in any other plane. Good luck with it but for the kind of money it would cost to buy a Lemon RX and a HobbyEagle stabilizer, I'd forget about that 636.
              I've successfully reprogrammed the AR636A out of my Radian XL to work in another plane. That one has no locked features.
              I've reset all of mine and just use them as a regular receiver.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I've reset all of mine and just use them as a regular receiver.
                From the Sukhoi? Just out of curiosity, last night, I went and tried again to re-program mine and the APP simply will not recognize the Sukhoi 636 as a "valid" receiver. It won't even connect.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                  From the Sukhoi? Just out of curiosity, last night, I went and tried again to re-program mine and the APP simply will not recognize the Sukhoi 636 as a "valid" receiver. It won't even connect.
                  Not from that one but I've done it to several of the BNF AR636.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Get the smartphone cable and you can clear it, program and tweak it yourself anytime you want...and welcome to Hobby Squawk!

https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-TX-A...WB8G9X5SNY8432
                    I already have that cable, hooked up to an ipad, but it will NOT communicate with this receiver. Thus I am looking for a volunteer to "flash" it. Don't care if it ruins it, since it is not usefull as is. Just for funzies I did install it
                    into a T-28 and it seems to do all it is supposed to do, but I certainly would not attempt to fly it without first wiping out the previous settings and entering my own.
                    Thanks for all the interest folks,
                    yodada

Comment

Not from that one but I've done it to several of the BNF AR636.
                      As have I. It's just the one from the Sukhoi that refuses to connect up to the APP or PC. I've heard the one from the Parkzone Corsair is also locked.
                      Yodada, I think you're going to have to find an "in" with someone at Spektrum to do what you want. The rest of us can't do anything if we can't get into it.

Comment

57 inches p-51

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Not to discourage you but I was given 2 of the 636s out of the Sukhoi. The 2 previous owners gave up on them. I fiddled with them and I gave up, too. The one fella tried to re-program it and the next flight, the plane crashed. Same guy, in his Beast, fiddled with it via the computer and again, the next flight resulted in a crash - totaled the plane.
                          The 636s in other planes (mine and others) have never been touched. Too scared to messed with them. I've "heard" some say that the stand alone 636s that you can buy, are programmed with very modest stabilization out of the box. What that means, I have no idea.
                          I have the older green and white Sukhoi, and you cannot make any changes to the AR636 that comes in it. It is locked. it will only display the serial number in the programming tool. everything else is grayed out; you cannot select any setting to change. Also, the mobile programming chord is pretty much useless because the outdated App doesn't work with any newer phones. The newer version (blue & white) is programmable; probably because of so many complaints. Not sure why Spektrum likes to leave it's customer in the cold,

Comment

I already have that cable, hooked up to an ipad, but it will NOT communicate with this receiver. Thus I am looking for a volunteer to "flash" it. Don't care if it ruins it, since it is not usefull as is. Just for funzies I did install it
                            into a T-28 and it seems to do all it is supposed to do, but I certainly would not attempt to fly it without first wiping out the previous settings and entering my own.
                            Thanks for all the interest folks,
                            yodada
                            STOP! THE AR636 in the OLD Green Sukhoi is proprietary and locked. there is no way to flash it, reset it, or change any settings. PERIOD! It's is a useless piece of garbage, unless of coarse you leave it in the Sukhoi.

Comment

Opened up my Timber, and found it has the AR636A, and it is indeed programmable via the USB cable. Here are the (factory/BNF) settings of that receiver.

Comment

Working...
                              X