X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX6i

OK I know I may stupid here but what is the monitor setup for ?

Can I adjust servo speed with this radio I'm not seeing anything about in the book .

Also my Tactic has a couple of three position switches but the Spektrum doesn't .

Any tips tricks or anything on this radio please feel free

How do you get the AS3x set up

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Hippie I think the monitor is for setting true zero for centering the sticks we've never used it. There is not any servo slowing as far as I lnow. The DX6 has three 3 position switches and allows for slowing servos on the flaps. I haven't had the DX6 long enough to learn more about it. The Dx6i's my sons use have been good and dependable with one exception. One started having intermittent loss of control causing a couple of crashes. The problem turned out to be (corosion)on the contacts on the control sticks. It looked like a grey/white powdery residue that was easily brushed off. After doing a lot of research we found it to be caused primarily from moisture from the air. The recommendation was to take the transmitter apart remove the control pots and clean them every few months if you fly in a relatively high humidity area.

Comment

The "monitor" screen is so you can actually see the movement of the servos in terms of mV (or a representation of mV). For eg, if you flip your "gear" switch, you should see in the monitor the pointer go from +100 to -100. Servos that are centered should start at "0". It comes in handy when you are doing mixes so you can see what the servo is doing and see which direction it's doing it. It just "monitors" what's going on but doesn't actually do anything. A smaller monitor screen also shows up when you are in the "servo" menu and in the "mix" menu (or at least it does on my DX8).
      AS3X RXs vary from one model to the next. The ones that come already installed in BNF planes are pretty much pre-set from the factory to fly fairly well. The end users only needs to make adjustments if he doesn't like how the plane flies. The ones that you buy separately usually have a default setting and "should" fly a plane "OK". Some AS3X RXs require a computer cable and you program from a PC laptop. Some require you get the APP and you program from your smart phone. Some have a button that you press for various settings. While some are proprietary to the plane they were installed in and can't be used in any other plane. You can download the manual from Horizon or Spektrum for your particular product and it will tell you how to do it.

Comment

Xviper good explanation on the monitor screen thanks.

Comment

I agree, good explanation and use of monitor function

Comment

Working...
          X