X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Spectrum 7-9 channel Rx's Gone?

Was looking to buy a 7-9 ch Rx for a project so that I can run flaps and ailerons without a Y connector. It seems spectrum has discontinued their basic receivers and replaced them with those containing telemetry or AS3X, of course with a price increase. Maybe I'm getting old, but I just want a basic Rx. I may have to look at other options like Lemon Rx or a new transmitter / Rx set from a different manufacturer.
    Anybody else in the same boat?

Hi

Yes horizon/spectrum has decided to make all of their 7-9 channel receivers into the new telemetry, and do away with the normal receivers. I have no I dea the thought behind this but a ploy to over price everything. Lemon receivers are very nice and the price point is a killer as well. I have the 6, 7 with gyro and the 10 channel and all work great. All though I have found spectrum to be the top radios that I have ever used myself.

Comment

Spektrum has gone through and revamped it's line of air receivers. A lot of hobby shops still have the old models. There are a lot of the standard receivers available on sites like ebay as well. Just be careful of clones being sold as genuine Spektrum. I've got one lemon in a park flyer and I've used several Orange receivers from Hobbyking and had good luck with them. I do tend to stick with Spektrum with sat receivers for all my giant scale birds though.

Comment

I have lots of AR7000 and AR9000 receivers in my parts drawer. I transitioned out of Spektrum while those models were still hot. As the other guys have already said, their new 7 and 9s are more fully featured. There's a thread here that discusses members' experiences with the Lemon brand, which I refer to as Xenon since that's their parent company name.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I've noticed the transition of Spektrum Rx too. In the recent past with the planes i'm now flying. I've been chucking out the money for the reciever and telemetry module. So for me, it's actually less expensive now to be setup to monitor my battery pack voltage with the new Spektrum Rx's with the integrated telemetry. Only issue i'm running into now is when i install the new Spektrum Rx with telemetry into my twin engine planes, it's an issue for battery voltage monitoring since my ESCs are Y'd into the reciever(P-38).
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
          X