Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrSky Taranis

How many of us fly FrSky radios?

I love mine and think its just about the best radio I have ever owned. I like the programmability the best.
    It's rock solid. I have flown helicopters, warbirds, and EDF's with no issues. I especially like the s-port sensors. Every one of my planes is sensored up as standard.
    When you open up the radio you find nothing but high quality electrical work. The pots are smooth. It reminds me of JR in that respect.

But I am the only one at my field using one.

My standard installation consists of
    X8R receiver
    FLVSS LiPo voltage sensor
    RPM/Temp soldered to the ESC motor leads
    Airspeed sensor ASS70 (they need a better product ID)

I have also used the current sensors and variometers. Very good stuff.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

I use the Taranis as well damn fine radio. I love the open source stuff. I am the target audience for this radio. I wanted to get a Horus but I am seeing it has range issues?
    AMA 1102566

Comment

I like my Taranis, in its ACCST default setting, or mine can be ORX, Spektrum, Assan and even my stock Turnigy 9X module works in it. I DO like the look of the Horus, DON'T like the pricetag in Australia. Also dislike the neckstrap mount and the width of the radio itself. It's a tray radio trying to be a handjob. 2 inches narrower, so you can hold it with both arms in the same post code, and a REAL clip to hang it from instead of the 2 x 1.5mm pins inside that hold the stupid switch cover in place.

Comment

When I got my X9D Plus I went ahead and got a second one as a backup. Never really been interested in the tray type radios. I like the fact that I can get different components for the X9D and swap them out if something breaks.
        I am impressed with the quality of the radio. And I have flown many different ones over the years.
        I don't use neck straps. I find that I fly better just holding the radio. And I don't bang switches that way either.

Comment

I just wish my Taranis had more channels...........32 seems a little low to me :):)

Comment

You can get 64 channels ;) if you wanted. Ha-ha

I own the Taranis and Horus FrSky radios, and enjoy both.

Comment

Just noticed that Motion RC has some Frsky stuff on their radio and receivers pages...good sign.

Comment

Saw that too and started a thread on it. It’s nice to see Motion offering these products.

Comment

Working...
                X