X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end point adjustments

I'm trying to set up electric brakes on my tactic ttx 850 radio. as it stands now, when i activate the switch to activate the brakes, they lock up tight, which would be to fast on my mig21. the brakes are non proportional, so i need
    to adjust them to slow the jet down slowly. how do i do this when the brakes are assigned to a switch? i know how this works on a servo.

any help appreciated/

thanks

Run the end point down on the travel for the switch. It should work. I fast taxied mine around and played with the end point until it gently slowed down and didn't just lock up. Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Run the end point down on the travel for the switch. It should work. I fast taxied mine around and played with the end point until it gently slowed down and didn't just lock up. Give it a try.
      thanks for jumping in to help again, but i don't understand how to do that on a switch with my tactic radio, i don't want to be a pain but a step by step explanation will help greatly.
      and thank you again, I've had this mig for 4 months and have yet to fly it, but without brakes, it cant happen.

Comment

I am not familiar with the Tactic radio but I assume it is programmable. Maybe someone more familiar with the radio would be better able to help. I use a DX9 and just go into the servo settings and change it there.

Comment

Hello Tomme21,

You do not say how the brakes are operated, are they mechanical, air operated, or electric.

You may try the following, it may help you. With the switch set to OFF, the wheels are obviously free to turn. Turn on the switch and it locks up the brakes. With the brakes on go into the end point adjustment in the TX and start to reduce the servo travel until the wheels start to turn, and this is the point at which to leave it set.

Brakes are operated from a proportional control, a dial or a lever because there will be times when you want hard braking and other times when you just want to slow down.

I hope this helps you.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
            Hello Tomme21,

You do not say how the brakes are operated, are they mechanical, air operated, or electric.

You may try the following, it may help you. With the switch set to OFF, the wheels are obviously free to turn. Turn on the switch and it locks up the brakes. With the brakes on go into the end point adjustment in the TX and start to reduce the servo travel until the wheels start to turn, and this is the point at which to leave it set.

Brakes are operated from a proportional control, a dial or a lever because there will be times when you want hard braking and other times when you just want to slow down.

I hope this helps you.

Martin.
            the brakes are electric, and are not connected to a servo. so I'm having a problem finding how to make end point adjustments from a switch, i may have to try hobbico.com as they are the supplier of this radio.

thanks for jumping in,

tom

Comment

You are using JP brakes aren't you? If so they plug into a board that then plugs into a channel on your receiver. Correct?

Comment

You are using JP brakes aren't you? If so they plug into a board that then plugs into a channel on your receiver. Correct?
                yes on both counts, I'm running a 2 cell 500ma battery to power them.
                i spoke to hobbico.com and the tech said to put them on one of the slider switches, one on either side of the radio.
                i did that but, its the same thing as on a switch. when the slider is moved down and "bottoms" out, the brakes lock up tight.
                i just cant figure out how to slow them down slowly on a switch or a slider switch.
                bottom line, i cant fly without brakes. totally baffled. but i know there has to be a way to do this

Comment

Hey Tom, I have mine on a two position switch. When the switch is off the end point is a say -100. When the switch is on I ran the other end point down to about 70. The board that they plug into will act like a servo in a sense and reduce the amount of grab that the brakes have. It would be no different than setting the throws on your ailerons or elevator. You will hear them when they activate and they will be louder at 100 throw (locked) vs. 70 (just grabbing). Go to the travel adjust setting for the switch chanel you wish to use and reduce the throw in the on position just like you might move the elevator stick forward and reduce the amount of down travel for it. (Just an example). They will seem like they lock up no matter what you do if just trying to spin them on the bench and then engaging them. You really need to set them on a moving plane to get them right. With the slider full one way they will be off (freely rotating) and full the other way they will be full on (locked) but somewhere in that range of slider travel there will be a threshold where they will start to grab or let go. Give it a try.

Steve

Comment

Hey Tom, I have mine on a two position switch. When the switch is off the end point is a say -100. When the switch is on I ran the other end point down to about 70. The board that they plug into will act like a servo in a sense and reduce the amount of grab that the brakes have. It would be no different than setting the throws on your ailerons or elevator. You will hear them when they activate and they will be louder at 100 throw (locked) vs. 70 (just grabbing). Go to the travel adjust setting for the switch chanel you wish to use and reduce the throw in the on position just like you might move the elevator stick forward and reduce the amount of down travel for it. (Just an example). They will seem like they lock up no matter what you do if just trying to spin them on the bench and then engaging them. You really need to set them on a moving plane to get them right. With the slider full one way they will be off (freely rotating) and full the other way they will be full on (locked) but somewhere in that range of slider travel there will be a threshold where they will start to grab or let go. Give it a try.

Steve
                    steve, are you using a tactic radio? even hobbico.com techs are scratching their heads on this, one even telling me this radio cant do what i need it to do, another tech is giving me a call at 2pm to see what she can come up with. whats
                    throwing everyone off is its NOT a servo, but a switch or slider. your fix seems doable if you are using a tactic radio, did you set brakes up this way? are the brakes JP? i hope the answer to all of these questions is yes, then maybe i can get this all behind me, 4 months and still waiting to fly this mig 21.

thanks steve

Comment

Originally posted by tomme21 View Post

steve, are you using a tactic radio? even hobbico.com techs are scratching their heads on this, one even telling me this radio cant do what i need it to do, another tech is giving me a call at 2pm to see what she can come up with. whats
                      throwing everyone off is its NOT a servo, but a switch or slider. your fix seems doable if you are using a tactic radio, did you set brakes up this way? are the brakes JP? i hope the answer to all of these questions is yes, then maybe i can get this all behind me, 4 months and still waiting to fly this mig 21.

thanks steve
                      well, just got off the phone with tactic tech, they cant figure it out either so its a no go from them.
                      we tried your fix and the brakes still locked up on a 2 position switch. i think i did it your way correctly. id love to get you on the phone if you ever have the time and see if i can get this figured out, ill be glad to give you my number, ill not ask for yours.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X