Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldies but Goodies...Like we "'ol timers".....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldies but Goodies...Like we "'ol timers".....

I'm curious as to how many other members here may do like I do & still use the antique/ancient/classic/relic transmitters. I have several still in use & find a special "feeling" for them as they are all metal-cased, superb quality components used, never any issues, & like the Energizer Bunny, "keep-on-tickin'". Since our club allows 72Mhz, there are probably half the members who still use the "old" classics such as Futaba, JR, Hitec, Airtronic, Cirrus, Circus Hobby, & others that were enclosed in metal cases. Seems all these were built like a tank with solid components, smooth gimbals, & all-around quality that continues to last. Here's a few I use & still work perfectly. I will give a brief summary of each. Post your usage of these great transmitters.

1) These are my present most used Tx's(2)(72Mhz/2.4Ghz)... the past venerable flagship radio, the JR10X. It touts a full magnesium body, touchscreen programming, SPCM/ZPCM/PPM RF protocols, & interchangeable modules so I can use 72Mhz(ScanSelect) or 2.4Ghz(DM-9) freq's.. Solid with the highest quality components & smooth gimbals make this classic a pleasure to own/use.

2) This is my Circus Hobbies JR PROPO Computer 8 transmitter. This was the first touch-panel computer radio for the JR line. It only operates with Circus Hobby Galaxy Rx's as the original CPU was different than newer developed CPU's that JR incorporated. I have several Galaxy Rx's in my gliders that work flawlessly with this radio especially with range as the Tx has a 750mw output. I use the JR ScanSelect Tx module with the Galaxy Rx's so I can change Ch for each Galaxy Rx I have.

3) This is my Circus Hobby JR PROPO Century 7 airplane/heli Tx that also has a 750mw output. I have several models I will use this Tx for & use the ScanSelect module also with it.

4) This old classic is my Hitec Aristocraft Challenger 720 I use to fly my antique Jasco Flamingo. With the 750mw output, I have flown this model out so far I almost lost sight of it. Luckily, my little flip binos saved me a search mission.

5) The last beauty is my Circus Hobbies JR Century 7 Single Stick Tx that I haven't used yet since my arthritis in my left hand hinders the "cradling" technique needed. I may fabricate a tray to use for an easier method to operate the throttle & switches on the right side of the Tx. This one is going to Radio South for a complete service & new battery installed.

Ok...your turn. Show us what you have/use & what you like about them.

Denny

*** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Sorry I got rid of all my old radios ...........

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

One of the guys in our club learned to fly with the single stick radios. He's tried the dual stick and doesn't like them. A couple years ago he sent both of his Kraft single stick transmitters out and had them refurbished and converted to 2.4 gHz. He's a happy camper now.

Comment

Been in the hobby about 4 years now and still have an FM Futaba 4 channel radio and rx I used for my 60 in fuel engine trainer. Moved into electric and bought a 2.4 radio and rx's. Looking to sell at our club's next swap meet.

Comment

Don't forget about the other old school king..........MRC "Model Rectifier Corporation".
          Mine has been squirreled away in a box in the top of the garage for 40 years and that's where it is gonna stay!! I don't use a dial phone anymore too :rolleyes:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

These are my oldest radios, and I am quite happy that they are gone. That little Air Hogs bipe was loads of fun though.

Comment

Working...
            X