X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver / Battery

Ok, so I went ahead and ordered my Futuba 8JA, it comes with the receiver... ordered the servos too. My question is, in the description it said nothing about needing a battery for the receiver... I realize this a pretty dumb question but do the receivers still require a battery? Back when I flew last, probably 25 years ago, they required a battery but I also know that things have changed substantially.

Hey Medic, that depends on whether you are going to fly gas or electric. With gas power you still need a battery to power your receiver, but with electric power the lipo battery used to power the motor also powers the receiver. Hope that answers your question.

Roy B.

Comment

Unless the ESC is an "opto", which doesn't have a BEC built in. Then you need an external BEC and battery. OR, you can use a LiFe battery of the appropriate voltage to power the Rx (and all the servos).
      "Normally, an ESC that has a built in BEC shoves the juice into the Rx via the central red wire on the throttle plug. In an opto ESC, the red wire does nothing.)

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
        Hey Medic, that depends on whether you are going to fly gas or electric. With gas power you still need a battery to power your receiver, but with electric power the lipo battery used to power the motor also powers the receiver. Hope that answers your question.

Roy B.
        It is a gas model, thank you that does answer my question.

Comment

Working...
        X