X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question Time:

I just grabbed two new tactic (think they are 640's) receivers - they come as a pair - I have a tactic transmitter - in order to bind or link the tx to the rx - do I just plug it in then hit the link button or do I need to use a BEC as a separate power source?

I too, use the Tactic radio gear (TTX 650 & 850, TR 825 & 625). First make sure to reverse the channel 3 of your Tactic Tx, as that is required for all Tactics / Ch 3. Then power up your Tx (w/ throttle all the way down!)…plug in either a remote batt direct to the Rx or the on-board LiPo to the ESC (with the ESC's #3 throttle lead connected to Rx of course)…press the little button (w/ a toothpick), and the bind light should flash and then stay lit. A steady light indicates binding successful. Note…if you ever turn off the Tx before you power down the Rx, it will become 'un-bound', and you will have to repeat the process. One of the coolest features about Tactic brand Rx s' is that they have a built-in fail safe feature, that will cut all power to the plane (kill pwr. to the motor) to prevent a runaway, in the event that your Rx and Tactic Tx lose the link. At least you will be able to see where it goes down. It will hold whatever flight control surface positions that it was at when the 'link' was broken…just FYI if you did not already know.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post
      I too, use the Tactic radio gear (TTX 650 & 850, TR 825 & 625). First make sure to reverse the channel 3 of your Tactic Tx, as that is required for all Tactics / Ch 3. Then power up your Tx (w/ throttle all the way down!)…plug in either a remote batt direct to the Rx or the on-board LiPo to the ESC (with the ESC's #3 throttle lead connected to Rx of course)…press the little button (w/ a toothpick), and the bind light should flash and then stay lit. A steady light indicates binding successful. Note…if you ever turn off the Tx before you power down the Rx, it will become 'un-bound', and you will have to repeat the process. One of the coolest features about Tactic brand Rx s' is that they have a built-in fail safe feature, that will cut all power to the plane (kill pwr. to the motor) to prevent a runaway, in the event that your Rx and Tactic Tx lose the link. At least you will be able to see where it goes down. It will hold whatever flight control surface positions that it was at when the 'link' was broken…just FYI if you did not already know.
      Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X