J-E-T-S JETS!  JETS!  JETS!  Find Yours Today at Motion RC.

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best fuel?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best fuel?

    What is a good brand of fuel, and is there any that are good but inexpensive??? I just came across A1 Nitro on Amazon and it's $36/Gallon?!

  • #2
    Go electric.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have been using Aero fuel. Last fall it was 18 bucks a gallon, but now this spring it has jumped to 23 a gallon. I have one glow engine and it will be my last. From here on I am going with gas engines.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi when I used to fly nitro I used coolpower and red max but 25-28 $ a galon to heck with that . I went all out electric cheaper in the long run and no mess for me. I had a 20gi zenoa engine it was ok but the vibration they cause you really want to keep an Eye on bolts and nut and of course still have to clean the plane .

        Comment


        • #5
          I like Cool Power and I use Byron's for my Nitro Heli so really any brand will do as it comes down to personal preference as you will get multiple opinions. Synthetic oil vs Castor How much Nitro % wise. It depends on whether this is for a 2 Stroke or 4. So as you can see there are many variables. When I worked at HobbytownUSA and got asked this question I would say "Use whatever works for you but they all taste like crap!!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post
            I like Cool Power and I use Byron's for my Nitro Heli so really any brand will do as it comes down to personal preference as you will get multiple opinions. Synthetic oil vs Castor How much Nitro % wise. It depends on whether this is for a 2 Stroke or 4. So as you can see there are many variables. When I worked at HobbytownUSA and got asked this question I would say "Use whatever works for you but they all taste like crap!!"
            It's a two stroke, .46 O.S. Engine... I noticed that there is a 10% and 15% what would be the best choice? When I flew last, they didn't have these options... hell, electric wasn't even a thing back then lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              Generally if the engine you are running a something like an OS 2/stroke it will run fine on 10% nitro mix. Personally I use either Byron or Cool Power and a a mix of castor and synthetic oils. 4/stroke engine may require more nitro perhaps 15% in an OS engine. However if you are running a YS 4/stroke you will have to run it on a minimum of 25% nitro.

              See the link below. I've used this with great success.

              http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCGBS&P=ML

              Martin.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
                Generally if the engine you are running a something like an OS 2/stroke it will run fine on 10% nitro mix. Personally I use either Byron or Cool Power and a a mix of castor and synthetic oils. 4/stroke engine may require more nitro perhaps 15% in an OS engine. However if you are running a YS 4/stroke you will have to run it on a minimum of 25% nitro.

                See the link below. I've used this with great success.

                http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCGBS&P=ML

                Martin.
                I clicked the link and saw the price and nearly crapped my pants but in reading the description, I saw it was for 6 gallons total lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Like Martin said use the 10% as you will be wasting money for a Higher Nitro Content and go with a Synthetic Oil Blend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So I came across some 10% fuels on Tower Hobbies, it's Cool Power brand but my question is what's the real difference between the regular and Omega? I didn't see much of a difference between the two and they were the same price.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Im pretty sure that Omega has Castor oil in it.
                      AMA 521691

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X