X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Retractable Gears

I bought an old P40 ARF kit (still in the box and in new condition) at an estate sale. Instructions say the aircraft weighs 9.5 pounds, but it is not clear if that includes avionics, engine, battery. So this aircraft may weigh 11-12 pounds when completed. My Internet research has netted me with nothing that fits my needs. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might find retracts that fit my needs?

From the weight I would guess it's a 1600-1700mm wingspan, if so you can use the struts and retracts from this Corsair.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the fast reply. Wingspan is right at 6 ft (1829 mm). I have more data but we are traveling back home right now.

Comment

yes that would be correct if it has a 1700mm wing then the corsair retracts should work. You may have to do some carving and or redesign on the wheel wells is all. I am using them on the Sig lancair legacy have not flown it yet but I had to do major re work for it to accept them though. Good luck!!

Comment

Hi CactusNeedle,

Please see the link below for the retracts mentioned above that may work for you. These are the only ones that Motion RC has that may fit. The only other suggestion I have that may work for you, is to contact Robart. They have a vast range of retracts.

​​​​​​https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...1700mm-corsair

Martin.

Comment

Sorry I am slow with a reply. I have my retracts. Thank you all for your information.

Comment

Working...
            X