X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo Question!

I searched the squawk, but I get sidetracked reading all the great information, laughing at how everyone on here gets along like you've known each other for a lifetime! And I'm really learning a lot from you all. But I'm still making dumb mistakes. Here's my servo question: Can you change the direction of a servo by switching the wires, making rotate in the opposite direction? Thank you!:Confused:

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
    I searched the squawk, but I get sidetracked reading all the great information, laughing at how everyone on here gets along like you've known each other for a lifetime! And I'm really learning a lot from you all. But I'm still making dumb mistakes. Here's my servo question: Can you change the direction of a servo by switching the wires, making rotate in the opposite direction? Thank you!:Confused:
    Yes, but you have to be sure to switch the wires both on the motor, and on the potentiometer inside the servo. Here is a quick video on how it can be done:

Have done this to quite a few servos for various projects, and have had no issues.

Comment

Geez. And I thought replacing a motor in a tiny quad copter was tedious! Thanks!

Comment

I guess I'm lazy. Why not just buy a reverse servo for a few dollars?.....Unless, of course, you just enjoy electronic tinkering. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
          I guess I'm lazy. Why not just buy a reverse servo for a few dollars?.....Unless, of course, you just enjoy electronic tinkering. Doc
          No Doc, I am lazy! I thought you could simply swap a couple wires at the plug, not having to perform micro surgery!! There's NO WAY I'd trust the servo I operated on! Talk about stress! Bwahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Yes, but you have to be sure to switch the wires both on the motor, and on the potentiometer inside the servo. Here is a quick video on how it can be done:

Have done this to quite a few servos for various projects, and have had no issues.
            I do this all the time with no issues at all.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

It always seems that I can't find reversed servos in the size I need, or they are out of stock. So, I just buy extra servos and reverse them myself. It isn't really as hard/tedious as it looks.

Comment

Actually, it might be fun.:)Doc

Comment

That's the spirit! :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                    It always seems that I can't find reversed servos in the size I need, or they are out of stock. So, I just buy extra servos and reverse them myself. It isn't really as hard/tedious as it looks.
                    And they will be the same speed and travel limits.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I successfully replaced a motor in a tiny Quadcopter. I don't have a soldering station and used a small iron that I filed to a finer point, which still seemed to big to get into that little area. The wire was about the size of frog hair. Tedious but I was successful, so I'm sure I could do it if push comes to shove!

Comment

Working...
                      X