X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detrum Gavin 6c

Anyone else get a Gavin which has the switches are backwards for the most part labeled SA thru SE no FMOD? My FMOD, switch SE is on the left side just up from the "binding" spring loaded switch

I have the same unit.
    I believe the all black units labeled SA-SE were originally marketed for US market, mode 2.
    The gray/black were marketed outside US in mode 1 and switched over to mode 2 to make up for high demand to US market.

Comment

How do you like this transmitter? I just ordered one yesterday. I didn't find many reviews on it, but the ones I did find were generally good. I bought the SR86A receiver to go with it too.
      Eflite Champ S+, UMX P-47, Freewing Stinger 64

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnat View Post
        How do you like this transmitter? I just ordered one yesterday. I didn't find many reviews on it, but the ones I did find were generally good. I bought the SR86A receiver to go with it too.
        I also got the all black radio with the "S" labels instead of words. I emailed MRC about it and this was the response I got:
        "Thanks for contacting us on this radio. The color may not be the same that is on the box or web. They do not let us no about color change. as war as the switches go that is how detrum set them up as not like spectrum or futaba. You will see the switch selection in the radio.
        Thanks,
        Brad"

I don't know what the real answer is and I don't know if there is any difference in the radio other than the switch labels and color. I do find it interesting, though, that every picture on the internet is the black/grey model. I found one picture of the all black one and that was it. I don't get it.
        Eflite Champ S+, UMX P-47, Freewing Stinger 64

Comment

Hey Nat, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I like mine quite well actually. It's all i use on my planes with the SR86A receiver. With the three position switch, I use it for my flaps and on the gyro settings I just put them all to normal. Of course you really can only adjust the HIGH and LOW for your flaps, but the middle throw is actually about half the range.

when you set your gryo rates and such start out about 20% and most of all secure your receiver good. Should it come loose it will make you want to cuss trying to maintain control....

Comment

Working...
          X