Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the Admiral receivers have been out for a while now what is the general consensus?:Cool:or:Loser:

Comment

• :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• I'm using six of them with zero issues, I used to buy the Spektrum and Lemon receivers on eBay but have had MANY of them brown out so I'm pretty sure they are culls...from now on all I'm using are the Admirals or Spektrums from a known vendor.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          I'm using six of them with zero issues, I used to buy the Spektrum and Lemon receivers on eBay but have had MANY of them brown out so I'm pretty sure they are culls...from now on all I'm using are the Admirals or Spektrums from a known vendor.
          There is the exact problem buddy........Fleabag.....mean eBay knockoffs ;)
          Haven't had any issues with my 15 + Lemons that came from BuddyRC. :Cool:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I have three installed Lemon receivers, on in the Tigercat and the Avanti and recently I put one in the E Flite Spitty and got rid of all that AS3X crap as it was being more of a pain than a gain.
            The new Spitfire has a receiver that was in both My Little Gals and frankly I don't trust it. Good enough for the work bench, but I'll be going with the 10 channel Lemon diversity receiver for $24 versus the Admiral version for $32, just makes sense.

http://www.buddyrc.com/control-syste...tible.html?p=2

Here's the link, see for yourselves.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• To everyone who shops on Amazon with an Amazon Visa. I just picked up a 10 channel diversity receiver on Amazon through RCJuice and used my rewards points which I had a ton of, and am getting it for FREE!!
              My favorite price!
              Might be something you haven't thought of, but worth looking into.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX would be OK to use on the big Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc ARF?...I really want to use it but it just seems odd using such a small receiver for a bigger scale model. I'll be completing the model tomorrow and would rather use this receiver than a Spektrum w/3rd party gyro.

Specs,

Eflite Power 60
                Castle Talon 90Amp ESC
                6 Spektrum AR6180 Servos
                Admiral 6s 5000

If anything I'll just use a Spektrum Ar7010 i have laying around.

Thanks!

Comment

• The bigger the model (and bigger the mass of metal in the nose called an engine) the more important antenna diversity" becomes

Antenna Diversity: Spreading out the antennae so there is little to no chance of all being in the shadow of any major mass of metal or fuel in the model at the same time.

That is really the main concern if the RX is otherwise reliable. Even the little 4 channel Spektrum RX intended for park flyers would have adequate RANGE and handle enough current to the servos. But it wouldn't have adequate separation of the antennae. It would be easy to have them both behind the 15cc engine (or even the appropriate brushless motor and/or its batteries)

AR710 if I remember is the old DSM2 with a satellite. With a 12 inch lead between satellite and main RX, you could get adequate diversity. I still use several of the 6 channel DSM2 RXs with my DX-18 and have no issues when installed properly.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Ahh ok, I was figuring that the bigger the plane, the bigger the RX had to be for some reason, figured voltage, maybe? But I've noticed bigger RX's just mean more connection or AUX slots. I do have adequate spacing between the RX and motor as it will be sitting about 10 inches or more behind the motor, within the cockpit. I'll do a range check and see how it goes.

Comment

• Its more bout wanting more channels until you get to the size model that needs a buss board or a "Power Buss" RX to deal with the high power servos.

For shadowing tests you need to have the plane just a bit short of range test distance and see if any orientation causes loss of control. Itstedious and takes 2 people. But getting 3 antennae WELL separated will make shadowing all antennae at once impossible.

Comment

• I have a bunch of these 6 and 10 channel RX now and I love them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry's Flying Circus View Post
                          I have a bunch of these 6 and 10 channel RX now and I love them!
                          Are you the guy that purchased them all? lol :)

Comment

• Anyone interested in 40 Spektrum receivers, cheap? Doc

Comment

• Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                              Anyone interested in 40 Spektrum receivers, cheap? Doc
                              Yes...
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Ha!!!! Not really.;) Doc

Comment

• Its not nice to fool mother nature Doc. I was ready to jump on that one.:)
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• I've been using a bunch of the Admirals and love them.
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Ive just started and :Confused:havnt got any in the air yet but i intend to next month. By the way dose anyone see a problem useing the spektrum extension leads with the admiral satellites.
                                      Dewey l

Comment

• If they use the same 3 wires and same plugs... should be OK

Pay attention if there's a color swap at one end vs the other on the OEM Admiral extension. Then the Spektrum won't work and could damage something. The Spektrum extensions are straight in-line.

Comment

• Thanks ffhuber
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X