Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fly with a new Spektrum 8 channel Xmitter using the Spektrum $39 6 ch receivers in all my planes.
    I lost 2 planes last year due to no control. The Prometheus Bipe was flying straight and level coming straight down the runway when it just decided to do a barrel roll right into the ground. Radio had no control of the plane. The second one, my first Avanti, after numerous flights with no problems got what I call bumped after which I had full control of when it decided to roll upside down and dive inverted into the ground.
    I use this radio in everything I fly, some of which have to many flights to count, the small ones I fly at home, without so much of a bump or twitch, which leads me to believe the radio xmitter is not at fault.
    I know a lot of guys on here seem to prefer the Lemon receivers, and also hear good things about the newer Admiral receivers.
    Not sure if receiver placement is a big issue on these electric planes with the bigger batteries. I have just really gotten into electrics big time the last couple years after 20+ years flying gas planes with only a few radio issues. All of those planes were wood kit built gassers with either plastic or painted cloth covering, no foam or giant 6S batteries...
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Comment

• I can say I'm no longer a fan of spektrum, but so many others have excellent luck with theirs I've lost 3 planes because of signal lost at 200M. On consecutive flights however in separate areas. I might replace the antenna again and see if that's what was at fault. Mine is the first gen dx8.

Comment

• Tom so far I have never had any issues out of the Admirals . I am slowly switching all of my stuff over to them . I've been using them since they came out . A big reason behind my choice is knowing that MRC will stand behind everything they sell ! I know that I can reach some one for support if and when I need it . There was lots and lots of work put into them before they released them

Bryan
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• I've got about a dozen of the Admiral receivers and they are 100% so far, I have bought several of the knockoff Spektrum and Lemon receivers on eBay and they are useless. If the Spektrums and Lemons aren't in a factory box stay away from them, from now on I'm using the Admirals.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
            I fly with a new Spektrum 8 channel Xmitter using the Spektrum $39 6 ch receivers in all my planes.

Do you mean this receiver? https://www.horizonhobby.com/radios/...eiver-spmar610
            I also use a DX-8 G2 and I've used the receiver I linked in my Mig-21 with absolutely no problems.
            I lost 2 planes last year due to no control. The Prometheus Bipe was flying straight and level coming straight down the runway when it just decided to do a barrel roll right into the ground. Radio had no control of the plane. The second one, my first Avanti, after numerous flights with no problems got what I call bumped after which I had full control of when it decided to roll upside down and dive inverted into the ground.
            I use this radio in everything I fly, some of which have to many flights to count, the small ones I fly at home, without so much of a bump or twitch, which leads me to believe the radio xmitter is not at fault.
            I know a lot of guys on here seem to prefer the Lemon receivers, and also hear good things about the newer Admiral receivers.

I also use genuine Lemon receivers and have had no problems except one that arrived DOA. The Admiral receivers are made by Lemon and I would expect them to be just as good.
            Not sure if receiver placement is a big issue on these electric planes with the bigger batteries. I have just really gotten into electrics big time the last couple years after 20+ years flying gas planes with only a few radio issues. All of those planes were wood kit built gassers with either plastic or painted cloth covering, no foam or giant 6S batteries...

Foam should not be a problem. Placement is VERY important. I place my receiver antennae ends (the only actual receiving part of the antennae) as far as possible from my battery pack, as far as possible from each other, and at a right angle to each other. I presently do not use receivers with satellite although I have a few and will do so in the future. I've not had any flight problems at all with DSMX transmitters or receivers. I did lose 3 airframes a few years back with genuine Spektrum DSM2 receivers and a DSM2 Tx. I avoided Spektrum for a good while back then, but I'm happy with DSMX. I did some bench testing and found that Lemon receivers seem to reboot more quickly from brownout than do the Spektrum receivers I tested. The Lemon receivers would also function at lower supplied voltage. I'm not a radio tech, my tests were just observational.
            Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
            Dave

Comment

• All - the Admiral RX700T telemetry receiver instruction set is now complete. We'll have it posted soon. Here is an advanced copy.

Also note, An EC5 voltage/current telemetry sensor for high amperage EDF jet applications is in the works. That should be available in a couple months or so.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Good news Tom. Thanks!

Comment

• Need some help here guys. I recently purchased the Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX™ Compatible Receiver with Stability Plus Gyro to replace the receiver in my Dynam F4U Corsair. Also purchased the DX6 (gen3) to bind it all together. I followed Pilot Ryan's video on binding and all went as planned...EXCEPT... Now the ESC (Tomcat Skylord 50a) just beeps (screams) at me and I have no throttle response. I can see the throttle is responding in the DX6... but the motor (Dynam 500kva) just very lightly twitches as the ESC continues to beep away. Being the newb I am, I'm at a total loss here. Is this something to do with trying to bind a spektrum RC and TX to a Detrum ESC and motor? Do I need to swap out the ESC for this setup to work?
                  Last edited by BluesDragon; Mar 21, 2018, 01:57 AM. Reason: Edit to add more info...
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                    Need some help here guys. I recently purchased the Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX™ Compatible Receiver with Stability Plus Gyro to replace the receiver in my Dynam F4U Corsair. Also purchased the DX6 (gen3) to bind it all together. I followed Pilot Ryan's video on binding and all went as planned...EXCEPT... Now the ESC (Tomcat Skylord 50a) just beeps (screams) at me and I have no throttle response. I can see the throttle is responding in the DX6... but the motor (Dynam 500kva) just very lightly twitches as the ESC continues to beep away. Being the newb I am, I'm at a total loss here. Is this something to do with trying to bind a spektrum RC and TX to a Detrum ESC and motor? Do I need to swap out the ESC for this setup to work?
                    Make sure the battery is not plugged in and turn on the radio . Go to servo settings and try reversing the throttle servo . make sure to put the stick back down before plugging in the battery and see if that works . Sounds like the servo is reversed . Very common with Dynam esc

Bryan
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Thanks Bryan... I'll give that a shot and let ya know if it solves my issue. I figure it's something simple I'm over looking here...

... spot on there, Hippie 64 ! Reversed the throttle and power was back to the motor. Then notice some more surfaces in need of reversing as well.
                      I owe ya one, whence one day we shall meet.. :Drinks:... cheers to ya, bud.
                      Last edited by BluesDragon; Mar 21, 2018, 01:41 PM. Reason: update
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Hey I promise I will take you up it !!!!!! Glad I was able to help.........

Bryan
                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Is it safe to use Admirals in Nitro and Gas planes ? I know about keeping the Gyro function turned off..

Comment

• Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
                            Is it safe to use Admirals in Nitro and Gas planes ? I know about keeping the Gyro function turned off..
                            Admirals are not different than any other Rx with regards to possible susceptibility to vibration issues.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Howdy!
                              I installed an Admiral RX600SP in my Cub build. Using a DXe full version TX ( not an RTF package ) so it has the necessary mode switches.
                              With my Carbon Cub I use the 3 position mode switch to change from beginner, intermediate and advanced modes of the SAFE + function.
                              that same switch will turn on and off the SAFE mode on my PT-17 with AS3X always on - as per optional binding set up.
                              I would like to have the same switch turn gyro on and off (combo C).
                              As of right now, it is bound to the RX, but just gyro ON - Bind button does nothing. No other switch did anything either.
                              That said, can I use the AP from Spektrum, first to change the aileron direction, elevator direction and assign the gyro ON / OFF to the Mode switch I use with other models?
                              Hope you guys at MRC can help and anyone using a DXe with the Admiral RX please join in!

Comment

• I'm not sure it's a good situation to use 2 gyro devices in series - the first one is your stock AS3X RX, the second one being the Admiral RX. I've tried ganging up 2 gyro devices (AR636A being the stock one) before and I just couldn't make it work. Directional gyro responses were impossible to get right as one device was always fighting or resisting the other. Add to that, one gyro will further dampen the effects of the other, possibly making the overall stabilization on the plane very hard to control. You may have to turn the stabilization gain to zero on one or the other device. Then comes the matter of directional response that you may or may not be able to resolve. Some planes that have stock "SAFE" or AS3X may be easy to do this, while others, by nature of the stock RX programming, becomes near impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Admirals are not different than any other Rx with regards to possible susceptibility to vibration issues.
                                  Have you used admirals/Lemons in a nitro ?

Comment

• Looking for some more guidance here. I am so happy with this receiver (Adm.RX600SP) in the Corsair, that I got another and put it in the PT-17 (E-flite/1.1mm). Binding went well, but the motor does not arm at startup. I tried the reversing the throttle, as I was advised to do with the Dynam, but still no arming. I get the "errr...beep, beep, beep(3s)", but no arming beep. The ESC is an E-flite 40amp BEC Brushless, if that helps. Thanks for any and all help... :Confused:
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                      Looking for some more guidance here. I am so happy with this receiver (Adm.RX600SP) in the Corsair, that I got another and put it in the PT-17 (E-flite/1.1mm). Binding went well, but the motor does not arm at startup. I tried the reversing the throttle, as I was advised to do with the Dynam, but still no arming. I get the "errr...beep, beep, beep(3s)", but no arming beep. The ESC is an E-flite 40amp BEC Brushless, if that helps. Thanks for any and all help... :Confused:
                                      While it's beeping bump the throttle trim down a few clicks.

Comment

• Thanks Ryan! I'll give that a shot on the next try. For now, I just reset the OEM back in place. Had to get it all back in working order before I attempted to sleep this evening. :Whew:
                                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I wonder why they changed the programming on the Admiral Stab Plus compared to the Lemon Stab Plus version. Im guessing the Admiral version is tailered for newbies with the recovery button.

Comment

Working...
                                          X