X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
    I wonder why they changed the programming on the Admiral Stab Plus compared to the Lemon Stab Plus version. Im guessing the Admiral version is tailered for newbies with the recovery button.
    I changed a lot on the stab plus with a few primary goals:
    1) I wanted people with 6 channel radios to benefit from the main stab plus features without using many channels on the radio. In other words, The Admiral stab plus can be used with a 6 channel radio while flying a 6 channel plane and you can still switch between modes easily.
    2) I believe most gyros on the market are way over complex. I wanted something that was easy to use and easy to setup.
    3) While making the Admiral stab plus work with 6 channel radios flying 6 channel planes was a primary goal, I wanted to offer additional features to people who had 7 or 8 channel radios.

To accomplish the above, required significant software changes and some small hardware changes. We spent a lot of time to get it right. I hope all of you like the Admiral stab plus RX600SP as much as I do!

Comment

• I know I do! I've put one in my Dynam F4U and have another to go in the E-flite PT-17. Yeah, I'm liking these receivers quite a bit... thanks Tom! :Cool:
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
        I wonder why they changed the programming on the Admiral Stab Plus compared to the Lemon Stab Plus version. Im guessing the Admiral version is tailered for newbies with the recovery button.
        Which is probably why this newbie likes them so much. That there recovery/panic button has saved me on more then a few occasions. I'm getting better though.. :Silly:
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Tom; I set mine up for the first time last night. Pilot Ryan's video on the process was invaluable to me.

Comment

• The setup and build videos Ryan does are always amazing and extremely helpful. invaluable is a good word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
              All - the Admiral RX700T telemetry receiver instruction set is now complete. We'll have it posted soon. Here is an advanced copy.

Also note, An EC5 voltage/current telemetry sensor for high amperage EDF jet applications is in the works. That should be available in a couple months or so.
              I just learned that the new high amp v/c sensor has already been tested and should be available in a matter of weeks. Just wonder if it will be sold by MRC for RX700T owners or if we have to order directly from Lemon RC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post

I just learned that the new high amp v/c sensor has already been tested and should be available in a matter of weeks. Just wonder if it will be sold by MRC for RX700T owners or if we have to order directly from Lemon RC.
                Our order has already been placed and they will be here in 3 weeks maybe 4. The high current sensor uses an EC5 so it is compatible with all the Freewing jets. In testing, it had no issues up to 140A though the official spec is going to be 120A. Retail price will be $23.70.

Comment

• Fellow pilots, I have a problem with a new Admiral RX600SP Receiver. I'm flying a Katana 50 and I've been using a Spectrum AR7000 successfully. I decided to add the gyro which comes with the 600SP. But after binding with my JR 9303 with Spectrum TX module, using the same TX settings when powered up, the controls go to the extreme positions and lock up. I have switched to a blank model site on the TX with default settings and still cannot undo this response. What am I doing wrong??

Comment

• I bought the Stab Plus thinking that the autolevel function was the same as Lemon. I now know from RCGroups that's not true...some of the bells and whistles of Lemon's self level have been removed for simplicity?

So my understanding is the plane's attitude in recovery mode is only adjustable by physically angling the rx. And I probably have to use little or no radio trim as it may have a bad effect on recovery -- relying instead on mechanical trimming. RCG mentioned that recovery often rights the plane but leaves it somewhat nose down. Said you could mount the rx 5 to 10 degrees down in front to compensate. What say you guys about trying to make the most of the Admiral's auto-level capability?

Comment

• Sorry Crater, did not see your post. If you ever need immediate assistance, please shoot us an email (click contact us on the Motion RC web page and click "pre sales support).

First, I would not say anything has been removed. The Admiral stab plus receiver has different firmware. The goal of our Admiral firmware was to make the unit as close to PNP as possible. It is super easy. Our additional goal was to allow the use of a 6 channel radio with a 6 channel plane (the Lemon version takes channel 5). The other goal was to allow the gyro mode to be changed from your radio without using an additional channel (you can pick between 2 modes). All of this was accomplished. That said, if you have a 8 channel radio, you can use remote master gain which is not possible on a 6 channel radio since the remote master gain uses AUX3.

Next, knowing our goal was simplicity and ease of use, you need to mount the Admiral RX600SP horizontally as close to the CG point of the plane as possible. The instructions state "The most common installation has the Stabilizer Plus upright in the aircraft (i.e. on a surface that is horizontal when the model is in normal level flight attitude)". This is what allows for panic recovery. I've never heard of the plane recovering to a slight nose down attitude. If someone is experiencing this, I would guess it is because the RX is not mounted horizontally. You would only have to change the angle of the RX if your plane does not have a horizontal mounting surface. We purposely design all of our new planes to have a spot for a gyro and we use this as RX600SP for our models flight testing.

Lastly, you can use trim on your radio without any issues. However, if you use significant trim, ideally you want to power down/up the model again so the trim settings are accepted as the new neutral once the Receiver is powered up again.

Comment

• Thanks for the help.

You mentioned design of YOUR new planes. I had just assumed you sold only 3rd party planes. Which are your own line?

Comment

• Check out Flightline my friend and welcome to the Squawk!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crater View Post
                            Thanks for the help.

You mentioned design of YOUR new planes. I had just assumed you sold only 3rd party planes. Which are your own line?
                            We have been working on the roadmap and design of Freewing and FlightLine planes for years. Every new FlightLine plane has a spot for an Admiral gyro as do new Freewing jets. More new brands designed by Motion RC to come.

Comment

• So far liking the rx600sp but, can’t figure out how to get it to run dual elavon for delta wing with dx6e, R is on but L is MIA, tried multiplied ports/aircraft types and channel assignments , can’t find clear instructions anywhere, please advise

Comment

• My latest Admiral has a flaw - I put it in the Carbon Cub while at home, successful bind, set up my airplane, and everything worked fine. Remove bind plug, disconnected battery and shutdown TX. Go to the field and nothing.
                                Tried to rebind - nope.
                                Will not enter bind mode.
                                Anyone else have his issue?
                                Went back to a Spektrum for now, but only had a 4 channel so my flaps are inop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpster101 View Post
                                  So far liking the rx600sp but, can’t figure out how to get it to run dual elavon for delta wing with dx6e, R is on but L is MIA, tried multiplied ports/aircraft types and channel assignments , can’t find clear instructions anywhere, please advise
                                  Are you setting up your transmitter for elevons AND the gyro? On the back of the Gyro you should see the switch positions to have it function for a delta wing. That's all you need, the model in the transmitter should then just be a standard plane set up. The Gyro will take care of this. If the gyro is set for the elevons and you set up the transmitter for the elevons then it will not work properly.

Comment

• Yeah I’ve watched the how to videos about 30 times but my lightbulb it’s going off I guess. Oh I thought the dip switches are for gyro on? I would like to use gyro/rec but figured I’d get the elavons working first before getting the turning them on. Had this same issue with my friends BNF delta ray, dual ail and flaperon was the only way I could get it work. My steps for my funjetbare
                                    create new model, (I’ve tried all types now)
                                    ive been skipping the mix setup also because I got agitated lol
                                    i leave dip switches off(again just trying to get elevon a to work first. Insert bind plug. Power off rx, power on RX then TX while holding bind, bind is confirmed, I only have ESC plugged in at this point, I put r elevon to aileron and the right works, tried all ports for left and no luck. I’m wondering if I’m missing a step in my TX?

Comment

Yeah I’ve watched the how to videos about 30 times but my lightbulb it’s going off I guess. Oh I thought the dip switches are for gyro on? I would like to use gyro/rec but figured I’d get the elavons working first before getting the turning them on. Had this same issue with my friends BNF delta ray, dual ail and flaperon was the only way I could get it work. My steps for my funjetbare
                                      create new model, (I’ve tried all types now)
                                      ive been skipping the mix setup also because I got agitated lol
                                      i leave dip switches off(again just trying to get elevon a to work first. Insert bind plug. Power off rx, power on RX then TX while holding bind, bind is confirmed, I only have ESC plugged in at this point, I put r elevon to aileron and the right works, tried all ports for left and no luck. I’m wondering if I’m missing a step in my TX?
                                      Start from the beginning. Create a new model and make it just a standard plane. Don't tell the transmitter it is a delta/elevon setup. Just a standard plane and get it bound up.

now you should see this picture (below) on the back of the receiver:
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	admiral gyro.png Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	178599
                                      This is where you are going to tell the receiver what type of aircraft it is. You will see 6 switches on the receiver. Ail/ELE/RUD/j4/j5/j6. for a delta wing, you need to only have switch j4 in the ON position, j5 and j6 are off. then the ail/ele/rudder switches will be to reverse their correction later once you have it working.

Comment

• I followed exactly as your instructions above and right aileron operates but Left aileron isn’t working. Do I need a y harness for this to work? I’ve tried plugging in left aileron on all ports of rx with no luck

Comment

I followed exactly as your instructions above and right aileron operates but Left aileron isn’t working. Do I need a y harness for this to work? I’ve tried plugging in left aileron on all ports of rx with no luck
                                          NO, a "Y" harness CANNOT be used for a "delta" wing plane for the ailerons because they double as elevators. A "Y" joins them together. They must be separate for a delta to work. You need to use a servo tester to see if both servos are actually working. It's possible that you have a dead servo. However, without a servo tester, you can still see if the other servo is working. Plug that one into the port that IS working the good servo. If it works, then you may have a defective RX or you've still not got the proper switches thrown on the RX. Those little dip switches are hard to see if they are activated. You have to almost feel them click in to know they actually went in.
                                          Oh, what happens when you work the ELE stick. Does this work the "dead" side? If it does, the dip switch is NOT flipped.

Comment

Working...
                                          X