Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tom, how do you orientate the two antennas? I had heard 90 degrees to each other.

Comment

Even with the diversity antennas, I always run a sat. That said, running a non-diversity WITH sat has never been a problem for me either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Guys, you are comparing apples and oranges and I want to make sure someone is not mislead into buying an inferior product. The bundle you linked to does not have a diversity antenna. We are not selling that receiver or any other like it because they are not reliable enough or safe enough for our customers. You absolutely cannot compare a non diversity antenna receiver to a receiver with a diversity antenna. Sure, a single antenna is much cheaper but at the cost of a plane quite possible going out of control and crashing or worse yet hurting someone. Personally, I'd never use a receiver without a diversity antenna and feel that specific receiver is inappropriate for most of the planes at Motion RC. Unfortunately, I can attest to the many plane crashes due to loss of control from non diversity antennas in many different brand receivers. I've heard way too many of these stories from customers. I narrowed down the line of receivers to only the best and tweaked from there. I'm still working with Lemon on more firmware and hardware updates to make sure we have the absolute best line of receivers for our customers.
        actually, the second link is to the diversity receiver Tom

I hear you about the diversity receiver, being totally familiar with it from my band days

No doubt about the quality, but when comparing Spektrums to the Lemon 10 channel regular receiver, which is comparing apples to apples, the price point for the Lemons is far better

The Admiral 10 channel Diversity receiver

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ersity-antenna is priced at $32.99
        where the Lemon diversity receiver,

Is priced at $26.60 and is on sale at $24.30

Which prompted my post.

Many of us are loving our Lemon receivers, that's we we asked to see if you could supply us with them, and great that you have.
        You can see the price difference which prompted my post

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

I'm with Tom and xviper, I run the Lemon diversity receivers (6,7,10 chan) all with diversity sat receivers as well. I also do range check all the way around the plane and have a helper with checking the top and bottom of as well. I've actually found and corrected radio "blind spots".

Comment

Motion RC has drastically simplified the stabilizer programming functions and gyro functionality.
            I use Lemon receivers as well as a few Spektrum AS3X receivers. I purchased a Lemon 7 channel stabilizing receiver but never used it as the set-up was confusing.
            Could you post a link to the instructions for the Admiral stabilizing receiver?

Second question. The pictures of the Admiral diversity receivers shows two short antennae. All of my other diversity receivers that I've used in the past (Lemon, Airtronics, and Tactic) used significantly longer shielded whiskers with the last portion unshielded for the antennae. Since (IMHO) distance between the antennae as well as orientation is important to achieve diversity, the use of the short antennae would make me a bit hesitant to use one without a satellite. What can you tell me to allay my concerns? Or am I misunderstanding and a satellite receiver is required with the use of the diversity receivers?
            Thanks, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post

I use Lemon receivers as well as a few Spektrum AS3X receivers. I purchased a Lemon 7 channel stabilizing receiver but never used it as the set-up was confusing.

Second question. The pictures of the Admiral diversity receivers shows two short antennae. All of my other diversity receivers that I've used in the past (Lemon, Airtronics, and Tactic) used significantly longer shielded whiskers with the last portion unshielded for the antennae. Since (IMHO) distance between the antennae as well as orientation is important to achieve diversity, the use of the short antennae would make me a bit hesitant to use one without a satellite. What can you tell me to allay my concerns? Or am I misunderstanding and a satellite receiver is required with the use of the diversity receivers?
              Thanks, Dave
              Hi davecee, I believe that the pic of the receiver on MRC's site, is cropped and doesn't show the ends of the antennae. Some pics of the Lemons on other sites does the same thing. The main diversity receiver is supposed to reduce the need for a sat receiver. In smaller birds I would agree, but on larger birds with multiple large lipo packs, I would highly recommend using a sat diversity receiver as well.

Comment

Tom said in post 10 that they are working on setup videos and instructions and they'll be available on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Hi davecee, I believe that the pic of the receiver on MRC's site, is cropped and doesn't show the ends of the antennae. Some pics of the Lemons on other sites does the same thing. The main diversity receiver is supposed to reduce the need for a sat receiver. In smaller birds I would agree, but on larger birds with multiple large lipo packs, I would highly recommend using a sat diversity receiver as well.
                  The pictures do not appear to be cropped. Enlarge the pictures and you'll see what I mean. I've used receivers with satellites and I've used diversity receivers with long whiskers. I've not had problems with either. Careful positioning of the receiver (as far as possible from large signal blocking masses), maximum distance separation and orientation of the whiskers as well as the satellite (if used) is paramount. I'm constantly amazed to see some of the receiver set-ups of some flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Tom said in post 10 that they are working on setup videos and instructions and they'll be available on the website.
                    Thanks, guess I missed that.

Comment

We'll have a slight delay with the gyro/receivers (non-gyro receivers and satellite are fine). Wayne and I were in the process of putting together a manual and making setup videos when we found the firmware on our gyro receivers did not have all of the firmware updates we made for them. They arrived from the factory with an older firmware file. I've temporarily pulled the gyro/receivers from our web site and replacements with the correct firmware files are on the way. We're in the process of sending these back to the manufacturer so they can receive the proper firmware. If anyone has any issue setting up the gyro with the older firmware, please give us a call or send us an email and we can walk you through the setup process. The setup is more complex without the latest firmware but the gyro will be ok in the end. Sorry about the inconvenience and thanks for your patience. It will be worth it!

As all of you know gyros can be extremely complex. Our firmware makes these super easy to setup and even easier to use during flight. I'm super excited to get these into all of your hands with our newest firmware. just a little longer.

Comment

The pictures do not appear to be cropped. Enlarge the pictures and you'll see what I mean. I've used receivers with satellites and I've used diversity receivers with long whiskers. I've not had problems with either. Careful positioning of the receiver (as far as possible from large signal blocking masses), maximum distance separation and orientation of the whiskers as well as the satellite (if used) is paramount. I'm constantly amazed to see some of the receiver set-ups of some flyers.
                        Now that I look at them on a larger screen, I see the pic is not cropped. Also noticed that the diversity antennae are exiting the receiver at the same point on the case.

Comment

The Antennas are slightly cropped for the pictures. There is a metal portion of the antenna which is about 2" long which is cropped off along with part of the black plastic outer portion. If I had to guess, I'd say there is 3 inches (or so) cropped off for the pictures.

Comment

Here is a screen cap from a video I made showing one of the gyro/receivers. You can see the entire antenna in this screen cap.
                            Gyro/receiver antenna

Comment

Thanks Tom. That's what we are used to seeing.

Comment

Much better.

Comment

Ok. The gyro receiver is back with the proper firmware and ready to go! https://www.motionrc.com/collections...xis-stabilizer
                                  Video coming soon.

Comment

Any word on the manuals?

Comment

working on final edits to the manual now. I may make a quick video instruction tomorrow too with Ryan and Mike video coming a week or so after.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Tom!

Comment

Quick Start guide has been posted to the product page under the "quick links" heading.
                                          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...xis-stabilizer

This quick start guide will be enough for most. Items not mentioned which we can talk about in a full manual:

1) How to move mode changes from the bind button to a switch. This is useful with some of the mode combinations but has some caveats.
                                          2) How to change the gains - can be done simply using a screw driver on the receiver or can be done remotely using a channel on 8+ channel radios (Aux3)
                                          3) Orientation of the receiver installed in the plane (Install at or near CG). I may add this but I did not want the quick start to get too long
                                          4) Subtrim, endpoints, servo direction, mixes (most are ok but you do not want to use wing mixes from the radio - use gyro jumpers for wing type).
                                          5) Jumpers J1, J2, J3, for direction

Comment

Working...
                                          X