You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum covering?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aluminum covering?

    Has anyone ever tried using HVAC aluminum foil tape or equivalent on one of these foam jets? If so, please share your results. Thanks

    EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

    https://vf59.weebly.com/

  • #2
    You can use it, same product, same procedure.
    AMA 424553

    Comment


    • #3
      I have not used it on a jet yet, but I did use it to cover my LX B-25.

      Comment


      • #4
        What product did you guys use?

        EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

        https://vf59.weebly.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
          What product did you guys use?
          I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

          Comment


          • #6
            Click image for larger version

Name:	78598533-9EB7-4FAC-8D1C-B4AAC84CBF4D.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	224846 HVAC tape worked well on my FMS B-25. I wasn’t sure if the metal would interfere with the Orange Rx, so I mounted it in the top turret with the antenna beyond the fuse. No problems and the tape has held up well.
            GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IfIHadWings View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	78598533-9EB7-4FAC-8D1C-B4AAC84CBF4D.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	224846 HVAC tape worked well on my FMS B-25. I wasn’t sure if the metal would interfere with the Orange Rx, so I mounted it in the top turret with the antenna beyond the fuse. No problems and the tape has held up well.
              That is quite impressive. Do you notice any flight characteristic changes with the added weight?


              EAA# 1366802
              AMA# 631508

              https://vf59.weebly.com/

              Comment


              • Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                CVA59, that is simply beautiful work, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB

            • #8
              Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

              That is quite impressive. Do you notice any flight characteristic changes with the added weight?
              Thanks CVA59. Not that I recall, but truth be told, I had wrecked the Mitchell and took the opportunity to add flaps (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/.php...-B-25-flap-mod) and the foil. The remaiden involved an entirely different airplane.
              GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by IfIHadWings View Post

                Thanks CVA59. Not that I recall, but truth be told, I had wrecked the Mitchell and took the opportunity to add flaps (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/.php...-B-25-flap-mod) and the foil. The remaiden involved an entirely different airplane.
                NICE JOB!!!!! Very impressive.

                EAA# 1366802
                AMA# 631508

                https://vf59.weebly.com/

                Comment


                • #10

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Just covering a P-40 fuse with the taper version of Flite metal, I.E. chrome duct tape, just for something to do to while away the time.
                    I have Flite Metaled a FL P-51.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4449.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	246680Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4448.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	246681

                    She's a little rough now as she augured in and sat until I got up the guts to rebuild her. Seems to fly better now.
                    Before the crash Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8623.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	246682

                    Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X