X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up A3 on Futaba 14sg

Having problems setting up my plane for the A3 on my Futaba 14SG. I can set it in mode 2 and get normal on position 1, off on position 2 , and then its goes back to normal on position 3. If I set it for mode 1, I get auto correct on position 1, off position 2, and then it goes back to auto correct on position 3. I have not even bothered with mode 3 or 4 yet. Can any one help me get the switch set up right so and can just reprogram modes when I want to change.

Thanks Bob

RE: Setting up A3 on Futaba 14sg

I have a 14sg and use the A3 on just about all my planes.  I can help you with this.  Please let me know what type receiver you are using first. Are you using a A3 Super or A3L?  There is a huge difference here!

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix
      I have a 14sg and use the A3 on just about all my planes.  I can help you with this.  Please let me know what type receiver you are using first. Are you using a A3 Super or A3L?  There is a huge difference here!
      Thanks I ,m using a Futaba R617FS 7 Channel and the Gyro is the straight A3
      [hr]
      I maidened the plane this morning. Took off in off got it trimmed out and flew for while to get the feel. Got it high and switched to normal. Plane went wild turned it back to off. Pretty sure its set up right. Could the gain be set way to high.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbucko

[hr]
        I maidened the plane this morning. Took off in off got it trimmed out and flew for while to get the feel.  Got it high and switched to normal.  Plane went  wild turned it back to off.   Pretty sure its set up right. Could the gain be set way to high.
        You can use a 7-channel but the gain will be an issue for you.  You will have to control it manually.  You normally need 8-channels, one for the gain, which I put on a slider.  Are you using all 7-channels now? How do you have this set up?

Comment

[hr]
          I maidened the plane this morning. Took off in off got it trimmed out and flew for while to get the feel.  Got it high and switched to normal.  Plane went  wild turned it back to off.   Pretty sure its set up right. Could the gain be set way to high.
          You can use a 7-channel but the gain will be an issue for you.  You will have to control it manually.  You normally need 8-channels, one for the gain, which I put on a slider.  Are you using all 7-channels now? How do you have this set up?
          No I'm not using channel 7. I need to build another lead to use it. Will manually adjust it down tomorrow to see if that helps. Still need help figuring out the switch. Appreciate your help. Boc
          [hr]
          No I'm not using channel 7. I need to build another lead to use it. Will manually adjust it down tomorrow to see if that helps. Still need help figuring out the switch. Appreciate your help. Bob

Comment

[hr]
            No I'm not using channel 7. I need to build another lead to use it.  Will manually adjust it down tomorrow to see if that helps.  Still need help figuring out the switch.   Appreciate your help.  Boc

[hr]
            No I'm not using channel 7. I need to build another lead to use it. Will manually adjust it down tomorrow to see if that helps. Still need help figuring out the switch. Appreciate your help. Bob
            Go to Motion RC and look under the support tab for the A3.  There is a file there that explains how to set up the switches.  I tried to send it to you but it is too large.  Use any three position switch for flight mode and a slider for the gain.  You can order a male-to-male wire from Motion RC.  You will need it for the gain.

Comment

[hr]
              No I'm not using channel 7. I need to build another lead to use it.  Will manually adjust it down tomorrow to see if that helps.  Still need help figuring out the switch.   Appreciate your help.  Boc

[hr]
              Go to Motion RC and look under the support tab for the A3.  There is a file there that explains how to set up the switches.  I tried to send it to you but it is too large.  Use any three position switch for flight mode and a slider for the gain.  You can order a male-to-male wire from Motion RC.  You will need it for the gain.
              [hr]
              That tutorial for setting up switches is for spectrum 2 position switch. Can you tell me what type gyro I should program into the Futaba GY or Norm and how to assign each function to a switch position in the gyro program on the 14SG. I will build a lead for the gain and work on it after I figure out how to correct the problem in my first post.

Comment

[hr]

[hr]
                [hr]
                That tutorial for setting up switches is for spectrum 2 position switch.    Can you tell me what type gyro I should program into the Futaba   GY or  Norm and how to assign each function to a  switch position in the gyro program on the 14SG.  I will build a lead for the gain and work on it after I figure out how to correct the problem in my first post.
                I see what you are doing incorrectly.  Do not use the gyro function all on the 14SG.  This will just mess you up.  Use the axillary function to set up both the mode and gain.  Use Axillary 1 for the mode and axillary 2 for the gain. Set up a 3-position switch for the mode (SC for example).  This will give you the 3-positon switches you want (1= normal mode, i.e., gyro on, 2= gyro off, and 3= 3d mode).  Use the right slider for the gain, which is axillary 2.  Lets say you want to use channel 6 as the mode.  Under the function set up, assign this channel to AUX 1 and the switch (CTRL) as SC (3-position).  You can use channel 7 as AUX 2 and right slider as the switch or CTRL.  Go to your function menu and see what channels you have assigned to what function. One - 4 are usuall AL, ELV, Thr and rudder, channel 5 is usual gear.  I hope this helps.  Feel free to ask other questions.

Comment

Sounds like that is where I went wrong. I will reprogram and try it. I will let you know what happens. Thanks again

Comment

You are welcomed. I learned this the hard way, i.e, trial and error.

Comment

You are welcomed.  I learned this the hard way, i.e, trial and error.
                      Eureka Thanks I now have the three position switch working. I dialed down the gain manually at the pots on the gyro for now. One thing the video from Hobby Eagle talks about but does not explain real well is calibrating the auto correct and the hover in the 9 & 10 positions in the programing. They emphasize having the plane steady for and level for the auto correct in 9 flashes and steady upright for hover in 10, but not how to activate the calibration itself.
                      Thanks again

Bob

Comment

Happy you got it working.  It just takes some time and reading to figure out all the new technology. I used the Eagle Tree gyro for my jets because I can program it one line.  It costs almost twice as much as the A3 but well worth it for ease of use. If you have other questions, I will try and help you.  Happy flying.

Comment

Sorry I know this is an old thread but I have a question. I just swapped from Spektrum to Futaba and I have one of these gyros for my scratchbuilt F-14 Tomcat. When setting the gyro up the flight controls, in my case it's elevons only with the throttle go into the gyro, the rest of the channel assignments, flaps, gear & wing sweep go into the receiver as normal correct. This is my first gyro so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. Thanks

Comment

It works the same... Why do you have your throttle through the gyro, there isn't a port for it. Go straight to the receiver.

Comment

I don't have anything hooked up yet. I was trying to gather everything together. So flight controls into gyro and everything else to receiver. Thanks so much

Comment

Exactly. Anytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X