X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF 9: FLAPS

If I'm using a Spektrum DX6 with RF 9, how do I control flaps?

I'm running the same setup. Unfortunately, I have to use the 'U' key on the keyboard for flaps. I can be a pita, but it works. Have yet to figure why the DX6 won't operate them..
    EFlite: P-51 1.5: BettyLou, CZ Cub: Cubzie, PT-17: Woodstock, P-51 1.2: JuneBug,
    mPd: Commander, Cherokee: Outacite

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

So ch6 cant be mapped?

Comment

I tried that route. Somehow RF9 has channel 6 assigned to SAFE mode for the E-Flite planes. I attempted to move that to the gear (5) channel and map the flaps on 6... still didn't work. I just resorted to keeping the keyboard close by for flap operations when needed.
          EFlite: P-51 1.5: BettyLou, CZ Cub: Cubzie, PT-17: Woodstock, P-51 1.2: JuneBug,

Comment

You can edit the model and reassign the flaps to any channel you want (assuming the model in question actually has flaps). After you edit and save a model, the "Select model" function shows your all your customized/edited models in a separate tree branch (with all the default models in the other branch). The edit model function allows you to add other cool features that the base model may not even have, such as: smoke, brakes, bomb bay doors, canopy hatch, paintball gun, etc. This is for radios that have the extra channels to spare.

My FrSky transmitter provides 16 channels of output through its USB joystick interface, which allows turning on *lots* of bells and whistles (e.g. brakes and smoke). Unfortunately, RealFlight does not have standardized channel mappings for all its default models, with each model having different mappings of its additional functions, and this necessitates going in and editing each model one at a time. (That said, they all do share the basic four channel mappings in Futaba order: CH1=Ail, CH2=Ele, CH3=Thr and CH4=Rud.)

Hope this helps!

Comment

Indeed I use my X10. Very happy with it on RF9

Comment

So I need to dive into the edit model features then. Have not really got that deep into this SIM. Just fired it up and went to flying. Thanks for that insight, ridgerunner . I will definitely look into it and see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                X