X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eFuel 540 Watt 30 Amp Power Supply.

After 2 years of flawless charging, my SkyRC eFuel 540 Watt 30 Amp Power Supply suddenly came up with an over-current display, and turned off my charger. With no load, the power supply read a current draw of 14 amps, and charge currents added to that exponentially. I began thinking that the time had come to spring for another $100.00 power supply. While looking around the internet, I ran across the report of another user who, although a different color and brand name, had the same power supply. He had encountered the identical problem, and after turning off all night, it worked normally again. I disconnected the ac power for 4 hours, then turned mine on and all was normal. I don't know how much time out is required, it could be even shorter, but it's more than 10 minutes or so. Seems like this apparent gremlin may show up from time to time.

Sounds like a component overheating... and the power supply responding in a very bad way.

I'd be looking to see if the power supply needs cleaning or maybe a new fan.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
    X