X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Cell 7600 Lipo, only charges to 2800 Mah

Hello I have a 3 Cell 7600 Lipo, it only charges to 2800 Mah at 4 amp or 7 amp charge rate.

I got this new battery from Ebay and the seller said to fix this... discharge the battery to 3.2 v.

My battery is balanced and the tester shows 3.7 v on all 3 cells when my car stops moving.

I have a htrc T150 Charger, it does have a dis charge option. Is it better to discharge a fully charged battery or run it down first, then dis change to 3.2 v ?

Is this true this can fix the battery or just blowing smoke at the problem?

Originally posted by wildmanjoe View Post
    Hello I have a 3 Cell 7600 Lipo, it only charges to 2800 Mah at 4 amp or 7 amp charge rate.

I got this new battery from Ebay and the seller said to fix this... discharge the battery to 3.2 v.

My battery is balanced and the tester shows 3.7 v on all 3 cells when my car stops moving.

I have a htrc T150 Charger, it does have a dis charge option. Is it better to discharge a fully charged battery or run it down first, then dis change to 3.2 v ?

Is this true this can fix the battery or just blowing smoke at the problem?
    Discharging any LiPo below 3.5v is a good recipe to ruination. If you can measure the IR(internal resistance) levels for each cell and they are high(>20) then you got a bad one.
    New LiPo's should read below 5. IR affects the charge/discharge capacity.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

3.7 is the ESC cut off voltage. The care stops moving because it senses the battery is too low. Each cell should reach 4.20v after charging. If not, is the charger giving any warnings or just timing out? It is possible that the battery is either already damaged, or your charger simple isn't powerful enough to fully charge the battery for it's capacity. Look at your charger settings to see if there is a max level. Like Charlie said the IR is a good indicator, but hard to understand.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

As the previous poster referred to, the voltage is missing in this post. Tell us what the cell voltage is after charging is the first thing we need to know to move forward.

Comment

Working...
        X