X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage charge new lipos

I have 4 new lipo arriving soon and want to know what storage level i should use. Two 6S Turnigy one 3300 60C one 3600 30C. Two Rhino one 2200 3S 50C one 3300 4S 50C. I have the SkyRc D100 charger and know Hobbyking ships their lipos at low voltage about 30%. My D100 charger has a storage mode, so can you chime in the four correct storage amps? And the 1000 dollar guestion, is storing them in an ammo box in room temp okay or should i put the ammo box out in the tool shead where temps are near freezing temps around 3-4 degrees? Are the lipo moist safe in an ammo box or should i put them separatly in freeze bags?

Thank’s

Originally posted by Nikom View Post
    I have 4 new lipo arriving soon and want to know what storage level i should use. Two 6S Turnigy one 3300 60C one 3600 30C. Two Rhino one 2200 3S 50C one 3300 4S 50C. I have the SkyRc D100 charger and know Hobbyking ships their lipos at low voltage about 30%. My D100 charger has a storage mode, so can you chime in the four correct storage amps? And the 1000 dollar guestion, is storing them in an ammo box in room temp okay or should i put the ammo box out in the tool shead where temps are near freezing temps around 3-4 degrees? Are the lipo moist safe in an ammo box or should i put them separatly in freeze bags?

Thank’s
    Storage levels by every modern charger that I'm aware of does it to voltage and not amps.
    On page 6 of your manual for the D100 charger it clearly states that 3.8V (industry standard) for a LiPo is the storage voltage.
    I store my LiPo's in metal ammo boxes out in my non heated garage which happens to be in upstate NY where last week it was below freezing but this week in the low 40's.
    The colder the storage temp is the better the chemistry activity is slowed down thus extending the LiPo's life duration.
    A simple google search will affirm that the above claims for voltage and temps are readily accepted standard norms.
    If the rubber lid seals on the boxes are intact then you shouldn't have to worry about moisture becoming an issue.
    If you don't live in a winter climate then a fridge will do the trick too.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I expected one would mention that about the storage at 3.8 volts. Not amps of course:) So no matter the size/amp of the lipo it's the same storage for all lipos. Think the rubber lids are good so i'll put the ammo box out in the shed.
      Thank's that you took the time to answer me now with christmas:)

Happy holidays over there in US.
      Here in Denmark it's just wet and cold.

Comment

Working...
      X