X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.79v pr cell storage?

Hi. I just storage charged my ny lipos on my SkrRc d100 charger. Very quickly i must say, about 6 min for each lipo to reach 3.79v pr cell. I charged them at their C ratings, 2,2 amp for 2200mah and 3,3 amp for 3300mah. But i'm a little worried that i instead should have fully charged them and then storage charge them for it to reach the recommend 3.80v pr cell. Is 3.79v pr cell okay for storage?

Hello,
    I have found that LiPo Batteries last longer if they are balanced charge at 1C rating to 4.20v. Never discharged below 3.4v and before you store your battery. Balance charge to 3.79 to 3.81v. I try not to discharge the battery during a flight to less than 3.70v per cell. I have had good results with battery life under these conditions.
    Several 450 pod & booms, Chaos 600, UH1N, MD500, Talon F1, Escapade MX, Avistar, Ugly Stik and Several Foam War Birds

Comment

Originally posted by Nikom View Post
      Hi. I just storage charged my ny lipos on my SkrRc d100 charger. Very quickly i must say, about 6 min for each lipo to reach 3.79v pr cell. I charged them at their C ratings, 2,2 amp for 2200mah and 3,3 amp for 3300mah. But i'm a little worried that i instead should have fully charged them and then storage charge them for it to reach the recommend 3.80v pr cell. Is 3.79v pr cell okay for storage?
      1/100th(0.01v) of a volt difference isn't squawt.
      I would worry if you were seeing differences of 2/10th of a volt (0.2v) or greater and no you don't need to have a LiPo fully charged to discharge it to a storage state of 3.8v cause these new chargers are designed to do all that stuff with minimal intervention. RLZ's comment about 1C charging is good advice and you had done that too.
      I would say you are good to go
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hi. I’m now confident with the settings during storage charge. Thank’s for all your inputs and happy new year.

Comment

Working...
        X