Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field charger

Gents,

I have the spektrum 6s 5000mAh 30c 22v batteries for my t-28. I also bought the s2100 AC charger for my home which works great. The field I am flying at has DC power hookups for chargers. I don't feel like I need a crazy expensive field charger so I was wondering what would be a good 2-4 battery charger that would charge my batteries relatively fast while at the field. Would this work, be overkill, or not enough?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect...7-2d8018ef00fa

What extra cables would I need to make it all work?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

If you have DC input I can vouch for the Reaktor Quadkore. I've been using mine for at least 4-5 years with no problems. I use a dual power supply that I can plug into AC.
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turbo-ch...version-2.html

Depending on what type of connectors you use or expect to use will determine what different leads you will need and with a quad that's four of each. My main connectors are EC3 and EC5 for my Quad. You'll also need four balance boards. I can't remember what all came with the charger.. I have a separate single charger with a massive multi plug setup that I use for the odd connector once in awhile.

This is my cheap Harbor Freight field case with the Reaktor Quad.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ReaktorQuad_FieldCase.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	263341

Comment

I swear by the Reaktor QuadKore also and was going to recommend it but unfortunately Hobby King has had no inventory while this global fiasco continues to manifest itself
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well, I can't find that thing in stock anywhere. Any close seconds? I'd even settle for a 2 battery charger. What about the charger in my link?

Comment

evensen007
          The charger that you linked is pretty much under powered @ 100W per channel when you are talking about juicing up 5000mAh 6S bricks.
          You ideally should be looking a 200W or larger per port charger.
          A good solid 2 port charger is the SkyRC D400 and in stock at Motion.
          The next best solution to the Reaktor QuadCore from Hobby King that Beeg and myself mentioned above would be the Reaktor 300W.
          If I had to replace my QuadCore, I would go with 4 of those Reaktor 300W and they are in stock in the US warehouse.

Happy shopping...……..

Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
            evensen007
            The charger that you linked is pretty much under powered @ 100W per channel when you are talking about juicing up 5000mAh 6S bricks.
            You ideally should be looking a 200W or larger per port charger.
            A good solid 2 port charger is the SkyRC D400 and in stock at Motion.
            The next best solution to the Reaktor QuadCore from Hobby King that Beeg and myself mentioned above would be the Reaktor 300W.
            If I had to replace my QuadCore, I would go with 4 of those Reaktor 300W and they are in stock in the US warehouse.

Happy shopping...……..
            Those 300w reactors look great! What power supply would you recommend to go with a few of those? Do they each need their own PSU?

Comment

evensen007
              I presently have the SkyRC eFuel 1200W 50A PSU (from Motion) for use with the QuadKore.
              If I had to power 4 individual 300W Reaktors, I'd probably go with 2 of the SkyRC 540W 30A PSU.
              The nice thing with the 1200W unit is the charge voltage can be set all the way up to 30V.
              I charge my 6S bricks at 24V into the QuadKore.
              The 540W allows a little more flexibility for hooking up smaller units and can still pump a higher voltage out although it is only 18V.
              Just do your due diligence on the features for what will serve you best.
              Either way ya go, a SkyRC PSU with the Reaktor chargers is a good combo for high power charging requirements
              Warbird Charlie

Comment

I charge/storage charge 3s - 6s 2200 - 6250mah lipos. I normally charge at 1c, occasionally 2c. My bench charger is a Revo GT1200 with a 24v/1500w/62a PS from lipoconnectionsolutions. The bench setup is great but bulky and a bit of a PIA to disassemble, transport and reassemble at my field which has an ac power source, so I've been using an HTRC C240 AC/DC (ac 150w/10a x2) as a field charger. Its ok but a bit less accurate than the Revo in balancing cells and takes forever to charge my larger 4s and 6s 3600-6250 lipos. I'm looking to replace it with something more powerful in a price range of $100-$150. Looking at the Sky RC D400 Ultimate Duo AC/DC 400w/20a x2 ($149 HobbyKing, $199 MotionRC) or the HTRC T206 AC/DC Duo 400w/20a x2 ($149 HTRC USA Ebay store). Anyone have experience with either or both of these chargers, or perhaps something I haven't considered for an ac field charger. Thanks in advance for any help in deciding.

Comment

Originally posted by ICM View Post
                  I charge/storage charge 3s - 6s 2200 - 6250mah lipos. I normally charge at 1c, occasionally 2c. My bench charger is a Revo GT1200 with a 24v/1500w/62a PS from lipoconnectionsolutions. The bench setup is great but bulky and a bit of a PIA to disassemble, transport and reassemble at my field which has an ac power source, so I've been using an HTRC C240 AC/DC (ac 150w/10a x2) as a field charger. Its ok but a bit less accurate than the Revo in balancing cells and takes forever to charge my larger 4s and 6s 3600-6250 lipos. I'm looking to replace it with something more powerful in a price range of $100-$150. Looking at the Sky RC D400 Ultimate Duo AC/DC 400w/20a x2 ($149 HobbyKing, $199 MotionRC) or the HTRC T206 AC/DC Duo 400w/20a x2 ($149 HTRC USA Ebay store). Anyone have experience with either or both of these chargers, or perhaps something I haven't considered for a field charger. Thanks in advance for any help in deciding.
                  Hello ICM I have experience with the SkyRC D400 which is why it was one of the ones recommended in above post#5
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

ICM I currently use two Sky RC D400s. I use one for home and one for the field. They've been very good chargers so far. I have charged two 6S 8000mah lipos at the same time without any problems.

The balancing is accurate and being able to check IR helps monitor the health or your lipos. I prefer to have an "all in one" set-up. much easier to hall around.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the Sky Rc D400. Although the 2 chargers seem very similar, the power can be allocated between the 2 channels on the D400 but apparently not on T206. Only reservation is buying from HobbyKing even though its $50 cheaper than Motion. I just trust Motion more.

Comment

Originally posted by ICM View Post
                        Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the Sky Rc D400. Although the 2 chargers seem very similar, the power can be allocated between the 2 channels on the D400 but apparently not on T206. Only reservation is buying from HobbyKing even though its $50 cheaper than Motion. I just trust Motion more.
                        The HK's are OOS so that helps make your decision easier to buy besides the trust factor.
                        Also...…...those shown by HK appear to be a cheaper version that SkyRC made for HK.
                        The case is a matte black versus the real SkyRC standard unit is metallic blue in color tone.
                        I would be willing to bet that the HK price that is $50 cheaper is so because of cheaper grade power components were used per HK requirement.

Warbird Charlie

Comment

After trying a few different things:

I went with the new iSTD Q8 MAX 1000 watt charger and the corresponding 4 port balancing board. For 120 bucks, I got what seems like a respected brand with a really nice interface along with 1000 watts of 30amp potential charging with this balancing board. I then quickly found that the Field's 12v free DC power could not properly supply anything over ~12 amps without making the charger malfunction. So I will use that as my monster home charger with a 1500watt 24v power supply I bought from lipconnectionsolutions and have pretty unlimited charging power. I also bought a pair of the cheaper isdt q6's that each to 8 amps for the field. I'll also bring along the q8 and charge at reasonable amps if I really need all of them going at the same time. The isdt q6 nanos are only 30 bucks from Amazon and have 200watt 8 amp capability, so having 2 of them Hooked up to the fields banana 12v will be fine.

Long story short: 2x q6 nanos, 1x q8 max, a nicely priced 24v PSU, and some connectors have me all set!

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The HK's are OOS so that helps make your decision easier to buy besides the trust factor.
                            Also...…...those shown by HK appear to be a cheaper version that SkyRC made for HK.
                            The case is a matte black versus the real SkyRC standard unit is metallic blue in color tone.
                            I would be willing to bet that the HK price that is $50 cheaper is so because of cheaper grade power components were used per HK requirement.
                            I think you're probably right. No way HK can sell it for 25% less unless its a factory 2nd or components are cheaper. Even if its the same, I'd rather pay the extra $50 for the peace of mind knowing Motion stands behind the products they sell.

Comment

ICM good choice

Comment

Working...
                              X