X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonehead battery issue

A couple weeks ago, as I was headed out to the field, I made a bonehead mistake. I packed up all my batteries, for the day, into my ammo box. Upon latching said box, I pinched the balancing port wires of one in the lid. Causing sparking, some smoking, and a hot battery. I got an extension, cut it in half, and spliced the new end on. I was sure to keep the wires in line when splicing. Although when I plugged it into the charger I just get a message that my cell count is too high.. or something along those lines. My charger will allow me to charge without the balance plug (quick charge), but when I tried that it just charges until the 1st cell reaches 420 while the lowest cell shows 413. Then a mixed level, in between those, two among the other cells.

So my question to any and all is; Is the battery safe to use on a quick charge not balanced, or should I just continue to kick myself in the arse and let it go?
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Please LET IT GO It's not worth the risk of burning down the joint or something along those lines
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Agree you should toss it. It’s a disaster waiting to go off. It will most likely cost you way more when it totally fails then just replacing it.

Comment

Be safe
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks guys... it's toast and my arse is really bruised. Only had a good 5-6 cycles on that one...
          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
          X