X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efuel 1200W Power Supply - A few questions

Hi All, Regarding the Efuel 1200 W Power Supply .....

Are special plugs used for the Main DC Output ? When I use my device’s banana plugs they still slide out easily and are not secured when I tighten the post sleeves.

The caution sticker on the unit reads; Must Connect an Earth Terminal to the Ground. I just want to confirm that this unit can still be used with a small (2000 w) inverter generator ?

Thanks.

Balsa Bob

Hello BB and welcome to the Squawk
    The SkyRC Efuel 1200 is an awesome power supply so you can rest assured you got a good one especially for powering up 6S and higher capable chargers.
    You want to set your voltage from the power supply to the charger @ 24Vdc if the charger has the capability of higher inputs for 6S and higher LiPos because that is the most efficient power charging.
    The science of power coefficients explains the math and rationale as to why.

The Efuel has a 20A input protection fuse which correlates to 2400W.
    You'd really have to be sucking some major AC juice in order to max out the 2000W inverter generator you ask about.
    The most that I've measured going into the power supply while charging @ 24V input for four 6S 5000mAh bricks at 1C rate was 14A which equates to 1680W

Regarding your loose banana jacks, there are basically two types on the market which are barb (most common) and bayonet or spline
    Either one can have the contacts splayed outwards but the bayonet one which is slit back from the tip is much more robust and holds the shape harder.
    That is what is holding firmly in the end of the post for me.
    I suspect you have the common bayonet. Tightening the post sleeves does nothing if you are inserting the jack into the post from the end.
    The tightening sleeve is meant to secure the jack when it is inserted in the hole that crosses through the post. Back the tightening sleeve out about 3/8 inch and you'll see what I mean.
    That is where you'll get the hard secure connection for those barb style jacks.

There is no caution sticker on this power supply regarding grounding protocols, pretty sure you are referring to the generator.
    All three generators that I had/have all wanted a earth ground. I ground mine with a 12 inch galvanized spike and 10ga copper battery cable.
    I get the spikes from Lowes/Home Depot. I also use them to secure my popup canopies frame legs to the ground.
    Hope this helps ya out
    Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10, Thank you very much for the great information ! I will be using an icharger 406 Duo. I have one plane that uses 6S 6000mah packs, and will probably get another. It seems like planes that use 6S 4000-6000 size packs are getting more popular !
      Attached is a pic of the sticker that was covering the 3-prong AC power input on the power supply when I opened the box.

Bob

Comment

Pic you just referred to is not showing.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here it is.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200903_160951.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	272757

​​​​​​​

Comment

That is a manufactures warning for those that cut the ground prong off the plug or use a ungrounded adapter plug(2 blade).

ALWAYS plug a power supply grounded plug into a grounded duplex outlet

Just real quick electric lesson for those that care.
            In the duplex shown to the right, the smaller blade slot is the hot juice line. 120vAC (screw inside is usually bronze color)
            The larger blade slot is the "return" ground (screw is usually silver color) and the D shaped slot is the "earth" ground with a green screw color
            You should be good to go
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thanks ! I've learned a lot from these responses ! So if I use this PS with a small inverter generator at the field do I have to do anything special as far as grounding ?

Comment

Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                Thanks ! I've learned a lot from these responses ! So if I use this PS with a small inverter generator at the field do I have to do anything special as far as grounding ?
                Back to my response on generators in post#2...……….I would ground any generator
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                X